Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android EVO 4G Phone Freezes/Crashes

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Lodan2
Tutor
Tutor

I started having problems with the APP about a week ago (freezing).  After a short wait, things started working again.  I noticed that there was an APP update, so thinking this might fix my problem, I did a download.  Now things are worse, to the point that the APP is almost completely non functional.  MY PC continues to work just fine.  Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you know it's only the App giving you problems, I'd do a delete and reinstall then test again.

I'm running android 4.4.2 with App version 1.10.2.9903 and am rather please with the operation on wifi/3g.

I guess sometimes diff os versions and/or the actual phone can throw a wrench in the works.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Lodan2
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for responding!

I did a delete and reload of the APP (twice), and it made no difference.  I have no idea what android version or App version i'm using.

I'm a "senior citizen", have not kept up on the details (nor do I know how to find out).  Everything was working great until about a week ago.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To find the version of Android you're using, simply go into the phone settings and scroll all the way down to the bottom.  You will find a section labelled "About phone" or similar.  In there is a label for Android version which is what you're after.

While you're in the general area, check for updates to your phone.  It might be at the top of where you just checked for the Android version or it might be back one level where you found "About phone", with a label of "Update Phone" or similar.  Maybe there's an update for the phone that would help.

DaveMorris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Nexus 5X with Android 7.0 and mine also started freezing up very recently. Not just the app freezes. In fact the entire phone locks up, and I have to power it off and back on again. Something is seriously messed up in the Arlo app. I'm not going to use it if this can't be fixed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DaveMorris,

Consider uninstalling the app. Download and install a fresh version from the app store and try again to see if you get the same behavior.

JamesC