Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
twinmom
Tutor
Tutor

New out of the box VMB3500 Base has Amber Light.  I have done the following.  Can anyone help me?

-reset router

-reset base

-opened ports 80, 443, 123 on windows

-added port forwarding for ports 80, 443, 123

-added port triggers for ports 80, 443, 123

-turned off the firewall in windows and on the router (I have turned them back on after testing it to see if that fixed it)

Is there anything else I can do?

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What ISP? Who owns the router? Define "reset".

twinmom
Tutor
Tutor
Cable One, but I own the Router. That’s why I was able to set FWD and Triggers. I used the reset buttons on the router with a restart and then did a reset on the arlo 3500 base using an open paperclip tonhold the button until the lights flashed and It reset. I, also, used the 30 seconds hold/reset on the base with the open paperclip.
twinmom
Tutor
Tutor
Multiple Ethernet cables have been tested. I have ensured each have been used on a device with connect ability to ensure the cord was working. I also made a new cord and tested it with no luck. 😞
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Next step would be to take it to another location to check if it works. Failing that, seek an RMA either via the retailer you bought from or from Arlo support

twinmom
Tutor
Tutor

I have tested it it three stations I have with ethernet cables with no luck.  I will open a ticket with support.  Thank you for your suggestions.