Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alro Wifi Extender??

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
The-Loner
Initiate
Initiate

I've trying for a couple of hours now to extend the wifi signal to one of my Arlo cameras. I've been using an Airport Express that is working flawlessly for my other wifi devices but my camera won't connect. Now, I read that the Arlo cameras are unable of connecting to a wifi extender and the only solution to boost the signal to the camera in question is to move the base station or add a second base station. Are you kidding me? I wasn't aware that Netgear doesn't allow this. This is unacceptable. I only wish that I knew this before I bought them because I woundn't have. I guess I'll return them. What a shame. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The-Loner,

Arlo Wire-free cameras connect to the Arlo Base Station, not your home network. To use the Arlo system with an extender, take a look at these instructions: How can I extend the range of my Arlo system?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The-Loner,

Arlo Wire-free cameras connect to the Arlo Base Station, not your home network. To use the Arlo system with an extender, take a look at these instructions: How can I extend the range of my Arlo system?

JamesC

The-Loner
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the reply James-

I just wish that I had the option of connecting to my home network. It seems to me that this would help a lot of people out and be more secure as well.