Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Already have an Arlo Q, how to link Arlo add on

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mrsmartin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to add our new Arlo  add on to our already existing Arlo Q.  It is saying to link to a base station or a router.  We don't have either of those Netgear products.  Will it link to our Verizon router?  It is showing the flashing blue light when I do the steps to link it to our Verizon router, but when I go to add camera, it just shows our Arlo Q.  Do we need to have a Netgear base?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do we need to have a Netgear base?

Q cameras connect to your home wifi system

Arlo cameras connect ONLY to the Arlo Base ( Arlo Base sets up it's own wifi network just for that alone )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Mrsmartin wrote:

Trying to add our new Arlo  add on to our already existing Arlo Q.  It is saying to link to a base station or a router.  We don't have either of those Netgear products.  Will it link to our Verizon router?  It is showing the flashing blue light when I do the steps to link it to our Verizon router, but when I go to add camera, it just shows our Arlo Q.  Do we need to have a Netgear base?

You'll either need an Arlo base station or a Netgear R7000 router to connect an Arlo Wirefree camera. It won't work without one of those devices.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do we need to have a Netgear base?

Q cameras connect to your home wifi system

Arlo cameras connect ONLY to the Arlo Base ( Arlo Base sets up it's own wifi network just for that alone )

Morse is faster than texting!
Mrsmartin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah...did a little more digging and figured it out.  Thank you tons!  Just set up our home base etc.  Thanks again