Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Hi -

I've got 5x Arlo cameras and monitor another 2x cameras from a family member, which are linked to my account. I have the premier subscription, which gets me 30 days of video history in NETGEAR's cloud.

Just wondering if it's only me.. but today (5/30), it seems all of my saved videos in the library between 5/20 and today have vanished. The latest video I can pull up is late in the day from 5/20. Stranger still, if I try manually recording a video, it doesn't show up in the library, either. I'm seeing this both on the web view and via the Android app.

I'm hoping this is a server-side temporary bug in NETGEAR's cloud (AWS, it seems).

Anyone else see something similar?

- Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was a temporary limitation displaying thumbnails and videos the Arlo library. This issue has been resolved. Please contact customer support if you have any questions.  Thank you!

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
czyko
Initiate
Initiate

It would appear the cloud servers of Netgear are having issues again. I think we are going to have to expect this periodically. This is the 2nd time within a month this has happened. Thus the reason not to have this system as a primary security fence. 

Mjh270
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. They were there a few hours ago and now the last weeks are gone.
4ld3n
Tutor
Tutor
Secure1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo VMS4330 wireless camera recordings lost today 5/30

Is there any way to recover them?

Tlogue
Tutor
Tutor
Mine are lost on my phone app, but they still show up on the arlo app on my Apple TV
Max_82
Star
Star
Yes! Just today I noticed my Arlo won't record video. WTF! This is why I bought this particular camera!

I think they've been hacked, imo.
mkrieger
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here.
Secure1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My recordings are gone as well and cannot record manually/live. Has anyone ever been able to recover lost recordings. I am new to Arlo Pro and just set it up yesterday.

Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the confirmation that it wasn't just me, folks!

That being said, it looks to be back.  I can see videos from the 20th to today, now, and even the videos that were recorded during the "outage".

I'm even laughing asking this, but - NETGEAR, can we get an RFO?

- Mark

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was a temporary limitation displaying thumbnails and videos the Arlo library. This issue has been resolved. Please contact customer support if you have any questions.  Thank you!

JamesC

Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks, JamesC!  Appreciate the partial transparency.

Does NETGEAR have or have plans for a status page, similar to http://status.aws.amazon.com/ - something to indicate system status and open issues?

I've had various problems contacting support and using the live chat in the past (random server errors, etc.), which leaves the community here as the best way of determining the scope of an issue (is it me?  is it everyone?  does netgear know about it?).  It would benefit customers to have a status page so that threads like this one aren't always necessary.

- Mark

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Currently, the Announcements section here would be the best place to go for this information.

This issue was posted there as soon as we became aware of the problem.

You can view the announcements section here: Announcements

JamesC

Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks, JamesC.  I made an assumption that the Announcements section was just for new products/features.  I see that it provides service status updates, too.  Thanks!

- Mark