Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ricknau
Star
Star

On my wife's shared smartphone our 4 wire-free cameras (single base station) are either constantly "getting status" or "camera is offline".  We have a Q which is also shared and she can see that one as online and active.  All 5 work just fine on my phone.  She is set for "Allow Access Rights"

What I see on both app screens:

Main phone                                                Shared phone
-------------------------                                   ----------------------------
Settings/Device Settings/My Devices/        Settings/Device Settings/Shared Devices/

XXXXXXXXXX (base station)                                (base station not listed)
    cam1                                                                cam1
    cam2                                                                cam2
    cam3                                                                cam3
    cam4                                                                cam4
                                                                            Q cam
Q cam

Any help would be appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ricknau,

Consider deleting your wife within the Grant Access settings and then reinvite her. Accept the invitation link and try again. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

Ricknau
Star
Star

Thanks James for your reply.  I did delete the sharing and redo the inviite.  It comes up with same problem.  I have a dialog going with online tech support.  We're still working it.  I want them to completly delete my wife's account so I can start from scratch.  They are havin me try the various obvious things.  Interestingly, they had her log in on a PC via the web and there it comes up with full functionality.  Hmm...

cityguru
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue . I actually have two Arlo setups and two accounts one for each .

I am using Android and from what I can tell this might only be an Android issue as I have shared access to iPhone users and they don't seem to have the issue .

On my app on Android , my account and it's 4 cameras come out fine . Two cameras which was shared to me from another account is what's coming up as Getting Status . It's been a week and still has not changed . The fact that ....
4 cameras on my account in the Android app work
Shared access works on iPhone users
And that the 2 shared cameras to my account show getting status is making me think that the issue is with the Android App that either
1. The Android App is incapable of displaying the cameras when it's a shared access and your accout is the secondary users receiving privileges

2. Or second it occurs when you have an account which is both receiving shared access as well as being the owner of its own set of Arlo cameras .
Ricknau
Star
Star
Still working with tech support for my problem. Only idea they have so far is that since my wife's account was first setup as primary for our system that maybe that is causing the problem. (Was my blind man idea to start with) Has taken all this time for them to decide that in fact an account can be removed, as a
opposed to just disabled. Can only be done by them. So now I'm waiting for them to tell me it's been removed.

If this works it points to #2 of your ideas. Will post when I know how it goes.

Btw, tests we tried showed her phone works fine if I give her access via a different email address.
rdbishop
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just started having this problem too.  I do not have a base station.  I connect through my Netgear router.  The only thing that has changed in my setup is that I did a firmware update on my router yesterday.  I just noticed that my cameras were offline today.  Is there any way to revert to a previous firmware? My current firmware revision formy Netgear R7000 router is version V1.0.7.2_1.1.93.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The use of the R7k router is an issue. The ONLY firmware you can use is the old beta firmware 1.6x which can never be updated since Netgear has announced they have dropped Arlo support for that router. By updating to 1.7x you've dropped Arlo support completely. You wither need to reset the router and flash the beta firmware again or use a base station, which is preferred.