Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All of a sudden Base Station Internet not lighting up

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JaxxBerr
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I have been using our Arlo VMB3000 for about 6 months and everything was fine.  About 2 weeks ago the system stopped working and I find the the Internet light that used to be green is now not lit.  When I reboot the box it turns amber for a couple seconds and then off.  
My ISP is Optimum here in NY.  I confirmed Port 80 is open but I can not access any other ports through their service. We have not had any changes in our service or any power outages that we are aware of.  I have read all the trouble shooting guides and I cant seem to get the box online.  
When checking the "connected devices" through the ISP website router settings, I do see the VMB3010 is connected through the hard wire connection.  Seems something is preventing the VMB3010 from accessing the web.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Internet LED being off typically means that the base isn't talking to the router. That the router shows the base connected may simply be that it used to be connected and is displaying the DHCP reservation before it times out.

There are 3 things that can be at fault - the router port, the base port or the cable. Try a different cable and a different router port. Also, turn the router and base off and back on, in that order, allowing the router to initialize before turning the base on.