Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
rfurlan
Aspirant
Aspirant
All my cameras are showing as offline on the App across all my devices regardless of the network (wifi or cell) while at the same time all cameras online and working properly on the Arlo website.

Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those involved in this thread experiencing issues, Android update 2.1.2 has been released for the Arlo mobile app. Please download the update and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JohnPr
Initiate
Initiate

On computer, the camaras work as epected.

But when viewed from my android Nexus 6p phone the app says device is offline.

What gives?

This is going back to Amazon if cant be resolve in next week

RodSilva
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. System is brand new (got it two weeks ago). 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're using the Android app v2.1.1, create a trouble ticket to raise awareness.  I'm going around with them trying to convince them it's an app issue, not a hardware one.

rfurlan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I am on 2.1.1
rfurlan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Done, opened a ticket!
rfurlan
Aspirant
Aspirant
The worst part of this is that the web app uses flash so I can't even resort to it on my phone. Who in their right mind releases a new product based on flash in 2016? 😞
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are ways to add Flash to Firefox on mobile devices (at least for Android).  I agree, the need for browser Flash needs to be gone.

Pitviper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have IOS and even when running the schedule when my cameras are supposed to be off the catch motion and record video. It shows off on the software. If I kill the app and sign back in it will fix and turn them off. Is this a common issue?

rfurlan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Opened a ticket, still no response. I shared the cameras that show as offline on the Android app with a friend and they work properly on his Android phone as shared devices. If I log in to his phone with my account, the same cameras show as offline. This same behavior been observed and confirmed in two different Arlo kits installed in two different locations.
Anieln
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I've got the same problem.
Cameras are offline in the android app and through the browser I don't have any issues...
Also everything shows up fine on the ios devices.
Next to this I've got an irritating firmware update notice on the Android app, and when trying to perform the update it fails and the Cameras are online until I restart the app.

Cheers, Aniel
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently under investigation and has been escalated to the engineering team. Thank you for the feedback and any additional information concerning this issue is appreciated.

JamesC

Garry1974
Tutor
Tutor
Just got notified of an app update when I logged in. Works perfect on my Android!! Nice to see such a fast response!
JohnPr
Initiate
Initiate

Now mine works with the App update as well.  

Was about to return it to Amazon and check back in 6-months.

That fix was nice and fast.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those involved in this thread experiencing issues, Android update 2.1.2 has been released for the Arlo mobile app. Please download the update and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Thank you,

JamesC