Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All cameras keep going offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LaL07
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed the system yesterday. For the second time, all of the cameras are showing they are offline. When this happened yesterday, I resynced and they worked again. The base station is showing no light now under cameras

so, I guess, not detecting any of the four cameras. The system is useless if the cameras have to be resynced every time as this system is for a vacation home. Also, have one camera showing low battery even though it had only recorded three times while we were testing it yesterday.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are all the cameras up to date on firmware? What colors are the 3 LEDs on the base?

LaL07
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have no idea about the firmware, just bought the system and installed it yesterday. How do I check for updated firmware? Lights on the base are " green, green, none, none, none". However, the last light indicator (that looks like a pitchfork on its side) blinks Amber now when I try to resync one of the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

LaL07 wrote:

I have no idea about the firmware, just bought the system and installed it yesterday. How do I check for updated firmware? Lights on the base are " green, green, none, none, none". However, the last light indicator (that looks like a pitchfork on its side) blinks Amber now when I try to resync one of the cameras.

Check firmware of the base and cameras in Settings, base station settings and cameras are for each camera in camera settings. Camera should be 1.2.2688 and base 1.6.1_4130.

LEDs should be all green. Check the manual for meanings and which are which. The "pitchfork" one is for USB and is currently not in use. Blinking Amber may be that you're pressing and holding the base sync button rather than a brief press, just enough to activate it.