Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All cameras have lost sync, and do not resync

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jimgo
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, things were working quite well with my cameras.

They all went off line on Jan 1st.  I have tried to follow the sync instructions, to no effect.

I have rebooted the base station (power off and also restart)

I have taken batteries out of the camera and tried to resync, and still no effect.

Cameras restart and show one blue light.

When syncing, they blink amber off and on, but eventually do not connect.

Now lost as to what the next step should be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jimgo
Tutor
Tutor

I did a call into tech support and got their assistance to get further.  I now feel like my problems will be fixed shortly.

The real resolution, was the reset the base station, by first removing the base station from my account,  and then perform a reset by pressing the reset button for 25 seconds.

Then after resyncing the camera with the base station the camera came alive!

3 more cameras to go.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely your best and fastest bet is to factory reset the base.  Use the reset button next to the power switch until the front LEDs flash amber.  Start over - open and close battery doors on the cameras and re-sync them.

jimgo
Tutor
Tutor

I tried resetting the base station, and nothing seems to happen during reset.  I pressed reset button and sync button at the same time.

I have since rebooted base station, and it is showing 3 solid green lights, of which the camera button is one of them, but none of my four cameras are showing connected i the web portal.

What can one do now?

jimgo
Tutor
Tutor

Tried to do a resync with camera after this as well.  Camera blinks blue, then fast blinks blue.  Base station then shows solid green again (3 lights) and then camera stops blinking (the camera never blinks amber.

However, the camera is still not broadcasting to the web application, and continue to report device is offline.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The LED flashing indicates a successful pairing. What app or browser are you using? Have you tried the other? If browser, try a different one.

Give us details.

jimgo
Tutor
Tutor

Different browsers do not make a difference.

Microsoft Edge / Chrome tested

Ios app on iphone tested

no cameras show active.

The problem must be with the base station?   But how does one proceed now?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to have a trouble ticket to start the process for an RMA. They'll want to step you through troubleshooting steps but that's necessary to go further.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jimgo,

What is the error message you are seeing? Is it indicating the base station is offline or the cameras are offline? Have you tried a fresh set of batteries for the affected camera(s)?

JamesC

jimgo
Tutor
Tutor

I did a call into tech support and got their assistance to get further.  I now feel like my problems will be fixed shortly.

The real resolution, was the reset the base station, by first removing the base station from my account,  and then perform a reset by pressing the reset button for 25 seconds.

Then after resyncing the camera with the base station the camera came alive!

3 more cameras to go.