Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All cameras at once go offline overnight-wifi service is fine, power is fine, batteries new...annoyi

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
michwolverines
Follower
Follower

New here and I know this has been covered but didn't see anyone explain it like this.

We've had our cameras for about a year.  Recently, all 4 of our would go offline overnight or conviently while I'm a work and no one is home to reset.  The only method I have found to resolve this (yes, I've tried to reset base, power off base, unplug base, restart wifi in my entire house, log in and log out and resync from base and each camera!) is to go to each camera and pop open the battery compartment.  This is ok for 2 of the 4 but the other two require a pretty high ladder!  I'm not going to continue to do this in the dead of winter!  Is there anything I am not trying that is more user friendly?  Right now as I speak I've done this to to 2 of the 4, the other 2 are showing "YOUR ARLO DEVIE APPEARS TO BE OFFLINE."  No duh.  My husband and I love the cameras but after doing this nearly every 2 weeks for about 2 months, I'm ready to get my money back!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

michwolverines,

It sounds like positioning or interference could be causing the issues you describe. Take a look at this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

JamesC