Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
georaldc
Tutor
Tutor
Anyone know what exactly happened here? Been using my current setup for a year now and all of a sudden, all my cameras just disappeared from my account (not even offline, just gone) and even any recording history I’ve had. It’s like logging into a brand new account again.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community,

We are currently investigating a report from a small handful of users where their cameras are no longer appearing in the Arlo portal. We have confirmed that reclaiming the Arlo Base Station and resyncing the camera(s) resolves this issue. If you run into any issues with adding the base station back to your existing Arlo account we recommend a factory reset and try again. For more information on how to factory reset the Arlo base station please visit: How can I reset my Arlo base station to the default values?

1. After performing a factory reset on the Base Station, make sure the Power LED and Internet LEDs are solid green
  2. If first two LEDs are not solid green and need assistance troubleshooting please visit:https://kb.arlo.com/996/My-Arlo-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it
  3. Once the Base Station is online, log into your Arlo account
  4. Click Add Device and follow the on screen instructions
  5. Sync the camera(s) to the Base Station. For instruction on how to sync your camera(s) please visit: https://kb.arlo.com/987/How-do-I-set-up-and-sync-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-cameras
  6. Your Arlo system should now be up and running with the ability to live stream, arm and record as expected
  7. You may need to recreate any custom modes and rules that you previously created. For more information about modes and rules please visit: https://kb.arlo.com/1019331/How-do-I-create-a-mode-with-different-rules-for-each-Arlo-Wire-Free-or-A... 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Best Regards,

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
OTACORB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I just logged in to find all my camera's and history gone as well.  Like you said it like everything vanished and I am having to setup my account all over again!  This is freaking crazy I am surely not going to take camera's down from their perches this late at night.  How lame can you get.  I am fixing to go with wired camera's that I can monitor all the time, this is for the birds!  

OTACORB
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you get an error message of any sort? What have you tried? What do you see? Have ou restarted the base?  Tried both the app and a browser? What are the LEDs on the base showing?

HCKennedy-Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, same with me.  Yesterday at 6:10 PM MST all my cameras disappeared and my App just says "Add device".  I can see my library though.  And when I checked Alexa, it can see the cameras through the Netgear router....strange.

Train64
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the last year running smoothly I just logged in and all my cameras are gone. What's up?

OTACORB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted my router and modem.  I checked my cables, I restarted the Arlo base station.  Power light is green, internet light is green.  Camera light is amber.  When I login rather through an iOS app or the web it shows I need to add devices.  None of my devices are showing up including the base station.  I have not reset the base station, do you recommend that I do that?  I did also try adding one camera and it goes through the process, but doesn't actually connect.. still shows no devices.  This seems like a backend issue to me, but I don't know. 

OTACORB
Tas29596
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here mine are gone also, just shows add camera. I have not been happy with this camera system from the start, I have some other cameras that are stand alone that are much easier to setup and use the only thing they are not weather Proof  but I've had two of them out side under my porch roof for a year in freezing weather with no problems.

Ncove
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Everythings gone. Tried every thing but reinstalling.!!!!!!!!!!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The solid Amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. Use the Add Device button to read your base. Whether you'll then need to sync the cameras will need to be found out - I suspect you will.

OTACORB
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can't remove it, because it doesn't show up in devices.  But I reset my base station and then added the base station back to my account.  Unfortuantely it requires you to resync all your cameras, but I am back up and running.  No explaination is to way this has suddenly happened to several of us at the same time.  

OTACORB
Ncove
Aspirant
Aspirant
This worked for me. Just a hassle.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

OTACORB wrote:

You can't remove it, because it doesn't show up in devices.  But I reset my base station and then added the base station back to my account.  Unfortuantely it requires you to resync all your cameras, but I am back up and running.  No explaination is to way this has suddenly happened to several of us at the same time.  

I don't think there was a reason to reset. I would have tried just adding it in without anything else.

OTACORB
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

I don't think there was a reason to reset. I would have tried just adding it in without anything else.

I did live chat with support and we tried doing it without the reset and for some reason it kept giving an authentication error.  So, she had me reset it.  She said that the base station had become deactivated and that is why it had to be reset.  I don't know, just repeating what she told me.  Hopefully others don't have to reset. 

OTACORB
Glayron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here.  Had to resync everything and redo the rules.  Not good for a security system!

OTACORB
Aspirant
Aspirant

DawnM wrote:

Hello all,

We are looking into this issue to see what happened on our end. Unfortunately the only resolution at this time is to add the base station and cameras again. If you receive an error, and it won't allow you to add the base station, you will need to reset the base station, then add it and the cameras again. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience. We are doing everything on our end to get to the bottom of this to ensure it doesn't happen again. If you still have issues adding the base station after resetting it, please give technical support a call.

Sincerely,

Dawn Marshall
Community Manager, NETGEAR

Thank you for the confirmation!  It is a pain in the rear-end having to resync the cameras.  I got some way up that will require ladders and we have freezing rain and snow today, so those will have to wait.  I hope you all do find out what cause this because what if I had been on vacation out of town?  Just too bad too sad old dad. 😞

OTACORB
Freddiep2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to add the Base Station in the App, the Mode screen did appear.

still unable to Sync cameras to the Base.. any ideas.p

Artdogor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo base stations and the same, no power, all cameras gone, Last recording was last night. Must be something on Netgears end. Very frustrating, we spend so much time re syncing, and trouble shooting. 

OTACORB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Freddiep2 wrote:

I was able to add the Base Station in the App, the Mode screen did appear.

still unable to Sync cameras to the Base.. any ideas.p

Did you try resetting the base station?  This is what I had to do in order to get mine to work.  

OTACORB
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As noted in the post from DawnM, reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and try again.

Texinois
Aspirant
Aspirant

All my cameras are gone too.. I've tried adding a device & resetting the base station, unplugging, resetting the router...  Any other suggestions?  The base station and cameras are still not showing up. 

Ncove
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had to do a total install just like it was a new system. Reinstalled base and cameras. Re sync an name cameras etc.
OTACORB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Texinois wrote:

All my cameras are gone too.. I've tried adding a device & resetting the base station, unplugging, resetting the router...  Any other suggestions?  The base station and cameras are still not showing up. 

Like the previous poster stated you will need to go through the process just like when you first got your setup. You just add a device and actually add the base station first.  It should find it automaticaly if you are on the same network.  Then just give it a name.  Now the base station is linked to your account.  You should be able to successfully sync your cameras.   

OTACORB
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community,

We are currently investigating a report from a small handful of users where their cameras are no longer appearing in the Arlo portal. We have confirmed that reclaiming the Arlo Base Station and resyncing the camera(s) resolves this issue. If you run into any issues with adding the base station back to your existing Arlo account we recommend a factory reset and try again. For more information on how to factory reset the Arlo base station please visit: How can I reset my Arlo base station to the default values?

1. After performing a factory reset on the Base Station, make sure the Power LED and Internet LEDs are solid green
  2. If first two LEDs are not solid green and need assistance troubleshooting please visit:https://kb.arlo.com/996/My-Arlo-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it
  3. Once the Base Station is online, log into your Arlo account
  4. Click Add Device and follow the on screen instructions
  5. Sync the camera(s) to the Base Station. For instruction on how to sync your camera(s) please visit: https://kb.arlo.com/987/How-do-I-set-up-and-sync-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-cameras
  6. Your Arlo system should now be up and running with the ability to live stream, arm and record as expected
  7. You may need to recreate any custom modes and rules that you previously created. For more information about modes and rules please visit: https://kb.arlo.com/1019331/How-do-I-create-a-mode-with-different-rules-for-each-Arlo-Wire-Free-or-A... 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Best Regards,

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Texinois
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got it. Thanks.
doydoydoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same happened for me. Just making sure the scope of the issue is known to netgear. Obviously an issue like this was created by some change on Netgear's side, and should be remedied. Having to re-set our setups due to cloud provider error should be a once-in-a-product-lifecycle mistake.