Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All Video on one Camera deleted

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Today, all the video's on one of my cameras over the last 30 days (have the Premier subscription) have suddenly disappeared, over 500 of them! There seems to be no reason for this, all my other cameras over the last 30 days still have their videos available.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

This problem has not returned for weeks now so looks to be solved.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gilbo2,

Does anyone else have access to your account? Was this camera shared with a friend through the grant access feature?

JamesC

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

No, nobody else has access to be able to delete. I raised a support ticket and the videos were restored. Today though all videos from another camera disappeared. Have updated my ticket.

Very odd!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gilbo2,

Is it possible you are filtering out the "missing" content by selecting the camera with the library filter? Be sure you have no filters selected when attempting to view all content in your library.

JamesC

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

There is a known issue with videos not showing up in the video library that was only recently discovered. However, so far, this only occurs with a very specific recording set-up, namely, when recording two or more cameras from the same motion trigger event. Videos from the trigger camera will not show in the library at all then, even though the videos exist and they can be seen when following the link contained in the notification email.

Your scenario sounds different in the way it is caused, though the effect seems to be the same. Therefore, check when you notice videos disappearing again from the library, if the links in notification emails to the missing videos still work and allow you to play back those videos.

In other words, determine, whether the videos have just disappeared from the library (but are still there), or whether the videos have actually been deleted. In either case, keep reporting the error to Netgear if it keeps reoccurring, as it might be a systemic bug. The additional diagnostics should help the developers narrow down the issue.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The same exact thing happened to me this morning.  See the other threads for my posts:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Wire-Free-camera/Videos-Disappearing/m-p/1042356#M8114

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Q-Troubleshooting/Uninitiated-Deleting-of-Arlo-Q-Video-recordi...

I suspect Netgear is attempting to filter library items by subscription, and for some reason this filter is sometimes breaking down.  I have the 7 day plan, so only 7 days of my videos (from this one camera) are missing

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Update: After about 36 hours of waiting, my "disappeared" videos have now returned to my library.

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

This problem has not returned for weeks now so looks to be solved.