Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
mhconley
Guide
Guide
All 5 cameras disappeared from the app yesterday. They kept detecting motion and recording for about 12 hours but then that stopped, too. I'm traveling and had my son reboot the base but still nothing. I'll try to get them back online tomorrow but I'm very disappointed. They only worked for 3 days. They all showed about 90% battery last time I checked. They were great while they worked.

Is losing all cameras a frequent occurrence or is my refurbished system still faulty?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mhconley
Guide
Guide
Called Netgear and they said the base station had been removed from my account. Readded the base station on https://arlo.netgear.com then added each camera one by one and now everything works. If it happens again I'll request they replace the base station. Now one of my cameras is pink...

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
mhconley
Guide
Guide
Tried powering off the base station. When it rebooted it had three green lights but still no cameras. I tried the reset button and now it only has two green lights and the app shows no cameras. I'll call tomorrow.
mhconley
Guide
Guide
I even tried repairing one camera where it is mounted and now the base station has three green lights but the app still shows no camera. I then brought the camera to within a foot of the base station and paired it again, still three green lights and no cameras. I think this base station is defective.
mikes078
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same exact problem and it started on 2/2/17.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

mhconley wrote:
I even tried repairing one camera where it is mounted and now the base station has three green lights but the app still shows no camera. I then brought the camera to within a foot of the base station and paired it again, still three green lights and no cameras. I think this base station is defective.

Since you already did a reset, it's time to do a full reconfiguration.  Remove ALL devices in Settings, My Devices.  Power cycle the base and open and close all battery doors (remove batteries and replace if Pro cameras). Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Check for firmware update notices.

Does it work now?

mhconley
Guide
Guide
None of the cameras show up anywhere in the app. I cannot remove devices because none are there. I cannot add devices. They go through the pairing routine and all the lights flash like they are pairing/paired but no devices or cameras show up in the application.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mhconley wrote:
None of the cameras show up anywhere in the app. I cannot remove devices because none are there. I cannot add devices. They go through the pairing routine and all the lights flash like they are pairing/paired but no devices or cameras show up in the application.

First thing if you haven't done it is a simple power button reboot of the base.

After that, delete the app and re-install on your phone ( or use a PC at https://arlo.netgear.com/ ) along with a reboot of your phone with the power button

If still NG, then you'll have to do a full reboot of the base ( hold in the reset for about 10 secs till the leds flash ) and re-sync the cameras.

( start with just one to see if it comes back )

And, to answer the ?, no it's not normal to drop out, I've had a base unit running for over two years and drop outs have been from internet or power only.... most of the time it came back on its own

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mhconley
Guide
Guide
Tried a power button reboot: no cameras on https://arlo.netgear.com.

Tried a full reboot of the base with reset button: no cameras on webpage.

Deleted and reinstalled iOS app: no cameras on app or webpage.

Tried pairing one camera: no cameras on app or webpage.

mhconley
Guide
Guide
Tried pulling the batteries out of a camera and repairing: no cameras on app or webpage.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'll be honest with you... It sounds like a Netgear warranty issue at this point... Contact Support re same

Keep/write a list of things you've done as they'll want to know before replacing

mhconley
Guide
Guide
Called Netgear and they said the base station had been removed from my account. Readded the base station on https://arlo.netgear.com then added each camera one by one and now everything works. If it happens again I'll request they replace the base station. Now one of my cameras is pink...
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear 🙂

amygeek
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac wrote:

good to hear 🙂

Same problem here. Support told me that all devices had been removed from my account & to re-add the cameras. That didn't work - until I found this info here. They forgot to tell me to re-add the base station first.

Putting that frustration aside for now, my primary frustration & concern is that all my devices were removed without any warning or interaction on my side. I am the only person with access to my account & I hadn't changed anything online or with the devices themselves. The fact that they could just disappear & stop working without any interaction or notification makes them significantly less reliable as a security device for my home.

****What is Arlo doing to track down why the system is periodically deleting devices from user accounts?****

It's nice to know how to fix it, but do I need to check on a regular basis to ensure this hasn't happened yet again? There's quite a few postings from people here who have experienced this, so this isn't a one off incident. This should be a PRI1 and potentially a PRI0 incident on the Arlo side as it makes your security devices unrealiable.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

amygeek,

The only way to remove devices from your account is through logging in to the account and clicking remove device in settings. This requires the account username and password.

If you have any reason to believe someone may be accessing your account without your permission, we advise changing your password.

JamesC

Mode-is-gone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mode tab is gone. It has been deleted. Don't know how to get it back
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Are you using the master account or a guest account?