Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Stronzino
Tutor
Tutor

After I’ve downloaded the new and improved app... a month later... all devices have suddenly disappeared. Yes, I’ve read FAQs. Yes I’ve logged out and on. Now I’m gonna power cycle manually. This system... ugh. It’s unbelievable. Useless. (I am ranting, because it is and this is a forum. I guess this should be the last post about this since no issues have come of it. Just feeling bad about myself I guess for a poor choice.)
I’m sure I’ll hear, have you contacted customer service? The correct answer to that is... I should not have to make this many calls to customer service for a “security“ camera system.
Open battery latches if your camera goes off-line… Restart your system if it goes off-line… Check the FAQs if there’s color and flash issues..: Call customer service if you can’t connect to the device… Batteries drain low in slightly cold weather in California… re-calibrate your motion detection sensor if it’s not picking up the event it’s made to pick up… on and on.

Suggestion: opt for a better system. Do more homework than I did.

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Stronzino,

If you're still having problems after rebooting your Base Station, feel free to let me know so I can reach out to you via private message (since you mentioned you contacted the support team).

Pavsterowski
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s sad but true. I’m sick and tired of logging into my system of 3 cameras to find something offline... pulling out a ladder, fumbling around outside, disconnecting, reconnecting, rebooting... goes on and on and on. Every couple of weeks there is something. Now the “improved” app shows no devices, they’ve all disappeared. Same problem as you. What’s the point in a security system that requires someone monitoring it permanently to see if it’s working. I’m very disappointed in the robustness of this system, it’s just too fragile.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Pavsterowski,

If you're having problems where your cameras are not appearing, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

lisbrilhart
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two base stations... every damn month 3 of the 8 cameras disappear off my phone. I bought these cameras for my parents home!!! I’m sick and tired of having to go into my fathers account and grant access every fricking month. Happens every time around this time!!! With the COVID-19 I cannot go to my parents now to grant access. My father does not understand how this works!!! Anyone considering getting ARLO, I ADVISE DO NOT!!! Get google next, Ring or something else!!!
Tranceblast
Star
Star
I have exactly the same problem. 2 days ago my base VMB4500 with two Arlo pro 2 connected to it, is gone from my account. How is this possible?
Pavsterowski
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry you’re experiencing this. I haven’t yet found a smoking gun acknowledgement and fix. Mine has behaved well in recent months, but still I expect the inevitable loss of a camera and then —> climb a ladder... disconnect the power... removing the battery... reinsertion... reboot of the base station... eventually working again. This is not a fix. A fix should be permanent.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tranceblast wrote:
I have exactly the same problem. 2 days ago my base VMB4500 with two Arlo pro 2 connected to it, is gone from my account. How is this possible?

Is it only missing on the phone?  Or is it also missing on the web site?

Tranceblast
Star
Star
@StephenB On mobile app and website.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tranceblast wrote:
@StephenB On mobile app and website.

Not something I've seen before.  I guess you could try adding it back.  It that fails, then contact support.