Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

After power outages, Arlo system acted up so tried deleting Base Station but cannot add back on

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
yohy
Tutor
Tutor

Hi there.  A few weeks ago, after some storm related power outages, the Arlo system started to act up, pixelization, etc.  So I figured if I just deleted the base station (I was away from home at the time) and then added it, it might fix the issue, BIG mistake.  The end result is the system will NOT allow me to add the base station, it just spins after the request to plug in the ethernet cable then power up.  I get three greens but again, when I go to add the base station from the app, it just spins.  Now I have reset the base as well as dragging the base to my neighbors to see if that will work.  Somewhere I would have expected it to go back to the beginning of starting up a new system, but that never comes up, even when I hit the reset button.

Please, I know it's "operator error", I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

Suggestions/comments welcome.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yohy
Tutor
Tutor

SOLVED....Remember my comment about operator error, I was right.  The only way out of the loop was to do a factory reset, which I had tried before...BUT...I didn't wait long enough for it to reset.   So I tried on more time, giving it a good 10 seconds, and yes, it forced it to start the set up process.  Yes, so I am set.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

have you tried it from the web access ?

https://my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
yohy
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried from my cell phone, my tablet and my desktop, all have exactly the same response, it just spins when I try to add the base.  Again, I kept thinking it would at least have me go through the initial set up, especially when I hit the reset button or when I physically moved the system.  Nope always the same, just giving me the prompt to "add" a device, I select base station and always end up in the same spot.

yohy
Tutor
Tutor

SOLVED....Remember my comment about operator error, I was right.  The only way out of the loop was to do a factory reset, which I had tried before...BUT...I didn't wait long enough for it to reset.   So I tried on more time, giving it a good 10 seconds, and yes, it forced it to start the set up process.  Yes, so I am set.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

great..   for others, the factory reset is hold in reset for about 10 secs till the leds flash amber

Morse is faster than texting!