Additional Arlo Schedule Feature

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cglane3
Aspirant
Aspirant

A feature that I'd like to see added is the ability to add/select custom modes/rules to the schedule mode. I've done some nice things with a custom mode (turning on specific cameras for certain events, etc), but the Arlo package would be a more powerful security tool if I could add custom modes to different schedules. Currently with schedule mode all cameras are either on or off, and each only records if there is motion/audio. I'd like the ability to have several schedule periods and only activate specific cameras by selecting a custom mode for that time period/schedule. please add this functionality.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which UI are you using - the new one that has Feed to view videos or the old one that has Library? 

The old UI supports custom mode creation already while the new UI does not support adding modes. You can use any of the 3 available modes (Armed Away, Armed Home and Standby) to potentially do what you need - you can modify any of them as you need regardless of the name. If you really need more than 3 modes, yer stuck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which UI are you using - the new one that has Feed to view videos or the old one that has Library? 

The old UI supports custom mode creation already while the new UI does not support adding modes. You can use any of the 3 available modes (Armed Away, Armed Home and Standby) to potentially do what you need - you can modify any of them as you need regardless of the name. If you really need more than 3 modes, yer stuck.

cglane3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess I'm using the old one as I have Library. I wasn't aware there was an alternative.

I think I found what I am looking for. There is a drop down selection in the schedule to select a custom mode, which I hadn't noticed before. Think I can probably do what I'm trying to do with that.

Thanks for the reply.