Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
IllinoisPete
Tutor
Tutor

Are there steps documented that show what you need to do to set up a second base station in a different location from the first base station....there does not seem to be any option when setting up the new base station to link it etc...what are the steps?  I have been on hold for 1 hr trying to get an answer so I thought I would write this question here hoping someone can answer  and help me!

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'll take a stab... more like educated guess here, with what I know;

1) you would need Elite service ( supports up to 3 bases )

2) you can ONLY link a camera to ONE base at a time, so certain cameras would be sync'ed to certain bases

3) *** guess *** you may have to have all bases hooked into the same Network Switch/ LAN

After the above, it would seem like to set up like a regular single base system

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Heritage
Tutor
Tutor

1st=connect station to same network as first  (You must have it connected to the same Network to configure)

1.5=log into your arlo account

2nd=Select "Settings" bottom of window   

3rd=Under "Account Settings" select "Subscription"

4th=Upgrade account to elite (about $150 fill out order form)

5th=Under "Base Stations" select "Add a Base Station"

Your almost done rename the base station so you can remeber it and save

6th=unplug it and take it to your second house (Not the same network)

Its mad easy
JRinFL
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same situation since we have two homes.  I set up Arlo in our Winter home and will set up a new system in our Summer home.  As far as I can tell you can do this but you will need to use a different email address to set up a new account.  Depending on which home you want to view you will log in under that email account.  Why would they want to charge to have two different systems is beyond me. They are in the business of selling product!  

If you found a different solution please let me know.

Thanks

JR 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JRinFL,

As TomMac suggested you have the option of subscribing to Elite service to set up additional base stations on a single existing account. Alternatively you have the option of creating two e-mail accounts and friending both accounts.  Another community member found the solution in the following thread helpful for viewing all cameras without having to log into seperate accounts.  Let me know if this helps!

Viewing images from two base station accounts

JamesC

Sincity
Guide
Guide

Just my opinion, but I am disliking Arlo more. First is no AC option. Second, I was planning on buying three systems for three different properties and now I have to spring for Elite.

Heritage
Tutor
Tutor
Ok if you find a better solution please provide it. I can't find a better solution to no wires battery solution
Heritage
Tutor
Tutor
For the second home separate email does work. Then you don't need the same network. For me 5 cameras each house was good enough. Money was better than paying security company which i pay for. Saved me almost 100 dollars a month. I have so many accounts
Mia2014
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the Arlo system for our vacation home about a month ago. When I returned home I started having issues with my HOME Vuezone system. Then I received an email asking me to buy the new Arlo with a discount. Because of the recent issues with vuezone took the bait and bought the Arlo system for home. Now I can't set up my Arlo in my home and use the app I installed for my vacation home Arlo . Nor can I download a second and separate app for my second system unless I upgrade to elite. My justification for upgrading my home vuezone to Arlo was there was no subscription fee for basic. I feel like Net gear has messed up Vuezone and now fleas a bait and switch. I think both of my Arlo systems are going to be returned. I will not buy or recommend Netgear in the future!
Heritage
Tutor
Tutor
That sucks did you call customer service. They are helpful but when you set up the replacement system you needed to have a base station on. It's a process normal documentation is designed for single home installation and not a multi home solution. So sorry you need to start over and should call customer service they can make changes
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The easy way to get around this is to use a second email address for the second system. It's tied to the email address which is easy enough to utilize to avoid extra charges.

Ginny707
Initiate
Initiate

It's actually easy. Synch the new camera to the new base station. Then, in your Arlo app, click on "Add a Device" and add the new base station. I just did this, and the camera showed up immediately in the app.