Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
timknight70
Follower
Follower

Can additional cameras be added to this system if not which ones can and how many?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

15 per base, 5 usable for the free plan, 10 for the Premier plan and 15 for the Elite plan. The number of bases is unlimited. Only 5 can stream at one time per base.

greenbrg
Tutor
Tutor
I have 6 cameras and the basic plan and a 2 TB local drive. If I get more cameras will I be able to view the other additional cameras when I log in away from my home computer? Or will it only show the 6 on the cloud and at home see the local recordings?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"It depends." (TM)

What plan do you currently have?  There are specific bundles that allow you to use 6 cameras with the free basic plan but most folks have to upgrade their subscription to get 6 cameras.  If you have already upgraded, adding more cameras up to the limit of your plan is no problem.  If you're on the basic plan, you have 2 choices - 1) upgrade or 2) add a second base using a new account with a second email address and sync the cameras to that base.  With the first choice, you need to do nothing else.  With the second, you can use Settings, Grant Access in one account to the other.  When the instructions emailed to you have been completed, you can see and potentially manipulate the cameras all in one login.  There are limitations - check the FAQs for complete directions and information.

greenbrg
Tutor
Tutor

I  have the VMB4000 with 6 cameras and the basic plan, I put a 2 TB drive as well.  What I do not understand is if I had a business account I could get 40 cameras. So I assume that it with one base.  Why cannot I get a many camera and sync them and just have them save to the 2TB drive and not worry about the back up storage on the cloud?  Paying $150 a year plus the price of the cameras is a pretty penny.

Adding a base for 6 more camera and doing a seperate Email address just seems like a lot of waste in materials when I can get what I want and just not have the cloud.

Has anybody out there stayed on the basic plan and added more camera? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As stated in the specs, one base supports up to 15 cameras.  Over that number you'll have to use at least one more base.  Q cameras don't use base stations so that can be an option but they won't record on the Pro base.  The Q Plus can have a microSD card for local recording, if that's an option.

In any event, ALL Arlo cameras require cloud storage - local storage is meant more as a backup if Internet access is lost.  That's just the way it is.