Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
ssanchez
Guide
Guide

i purchased a four camera Arlo system. It came as a three camera system with an add-on camera. I added each of the first three cameras and they all synced and work as expected. I then opened and synced the fourth camera. Now, the Arlo admin page says that I've synced a new camera, that my service plan supports five cameras (I only have four), and each camera window says I need to upgrade my service level to see the me camera. 

My my entire system is now offline and I can't see any of the cameras. Although I purchased a four camera system, and all four cameras are synced, the system has turned off all four cameras, says I have a five camera plan and that I need to upgrade my service level to see the new camera. I can't even turn off the last camera to go back to see the original three. 

Im trying to call in to the Arlo support system now as I can't find anything in the support community about this problem. I've power cycled my Arlo, router and modem but the Arlo system has shutdown everything. I've waited over 30 minutes but nothing has changed. The Arlo admin under Settings says it is "getting system information" for the Base Station Settings, although I've power cycled it several times, waited more than 30 minutes for it to "get system info." 

Adding the fourth camera has effectively broken my system as it has synced the fourth camera (it shows up in the admin area) but blocks ALL camera feeds. It should at least show me the cameras that were authorized previously and only block the ne camera if there is a problem. However, since I bought a four camera system, and the plan I'm on supports 5 cameras, I shouldn't be locked out and forced to pay for a service upgrade I don't need. 

Anyone have any suggestions? I like the system when it was working, but I'm starting to have reservations as  the software seems to have issues. Anyone have any suggestions? The only thing I can think of is to completely factory reset and try to add the cameras all back in. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ssanchez
Guide
Guide

Calld Netgear Arlo support but they didn't have a solution. Said they were escalating my case to an engineer who would cal me back. However, it's Christmas weekend, I probably won't get a callback until Monday and I need the system up by then. So here's what I did:

I noticed in my admin that I didn't seem to have a credit card registered. I thougt maybe that's the issue. So, I registered my credit card and address in the system; nothing was charged and I didn't change from the free/Basic plan. The page now shows the last four digits of my credit card. I also figured I just needed to start over from scratch. So, I collected all my cameras, deactivated my base station in the admin, physically reset the base station (paper clip in the hole in back and holding down sync button until all the lights blink Amber).

When the base station came back up (first two lights green) I then logged back in and made sure the admin registered the base station. It did. I then went through the sync process for each of the four cameras. This time, all four cameras synced. The cameras still retained their changed labels from what I had changed them to before but I was able to register and get all four ca,eras to work this time.

I don't know if the problem was not having a credit card registered in the admin or if the software didn't like adding a camera at a later time. However, all four cameras seem to be working now. I will be testing email alerts and motion detection next but at least I seem to have all four cameras working. 

Anyway, those were the steps I took to get things working. I had three cameras working before exactly as expected (email me on motion detection and record video, Switch off motion detection when at home, etc.) Hopefully now it will work the same with the four cameras.  Seems like a good system if you want to be emailed when motion trips or to monitor live stream. Just hope the problems are behind me now. Hope this helps you guys get set up also. Good luck!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Goodone
Tutor
Tutor

Same thing happened to me.  They don't answer, high volumes.

Goodone
Tutor
Tutor

Also adding to my previous note, I have up graded my system so I don't know why I have an issue.  It says I have no more memory.  Can't have used if 10 GB in on day with 3 cameras.  It was working okay until I added the 4th camera.  Frustrated, because when I called it said high volumes.  I want to add three more cameras, but can't till I get this resolved.  Have any ideas???  

AlexNav
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue in my case... So frustrating! Please let me know if you get a solution
Mikehubb
Initiate
Initiate

Same issues

kubala1014
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issues. Weird this all happened to us on the same day.

Happy holidays!!

jjprevost
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue, just now happened.  I used "Live Chat" and was only told that "engineers are aware of the problem."

ssanchez
Guide
Guide

Calld Netgear Arlo support but they didn't have a solution. Said they were escalating my case to an engineer who would cal me back. However, it's Christmas weekend, I probably won't get a callback until Monday and I need the system up by then. So here's what I did:

I noticed in my admin that I didn't seem to have a credit card registered. I thougt maybe that's the issue. So, I registered my credit card and address in the system; nothing was charged and I didn't change from the free/Basic plan. The page now shows the last four digits of my credit card. I also figured I just needed to start over from scratch. So, I collected all my cameras, deactivated my base station in the admin, physically reset the base station (paper clip in the hole in back and holding down sync button until all the lights blink Amber).

When the base station came back up (first two lights green) I then logged back in and made sure the admin registered the base station. It did. I then went through the sync process for each of the four cameras. This time, all four cameras synced. The cameras still retained their changed labels from what I had changed them to before but I was able to register and get all four ca,eras to work this time.

I don't know if the problem was not having a credit card registered in the admin or if the software didn't like adding a camera at a later time. However, all four cameras seem to be working now. I will be testing email alerts and motion detection next but at least I seem to have all four cameras working. 

Anyway, those were the steps I took to get things working. I had three cameras working before exactly as expected (email me on motion detection and record video, Switch off motion detection when at home, etc.) Hopefully now it will work the same with the four cameras.  Seems like a good system if you want to be emailed when motion trips or to monitor live stream. Just hope the problems are behind me now. Hope this helps you guys get set up also. Good luck!

Ozcab5
Aspirant
Aspirant
<p>I had similar issue. I started with a single camera system and added a second camera, since syncing second camera both went offline, but both are listed in camera order list. My Arlo site tells me to upgrade plan . A call to Netgear after long wait they eventually told me they had a problem they were working on, and they would call me back in 2 days. Come on Netgear please put a message on your support site with a statement of what the issue is and a ETA, this might help your callcenter staff who seem maxed</p>
airone07
Star
Star

Same thing happened to me yesterday

I'm in italy

Goodone
Tutor
Tutor

Hi ssanchez,

They helped me fix the system,  my problem stemmed from a server failure.  The technician helped get it up an operational.  I learned a lot talking to her.  We all were having an issue on the same day.  I really like the up grade service.  I can do so much more with the system and have a lot more memory.

Hope you are up and running.

To all of you who contacted me to hope you guys are now up and running.

I learned to do things remote from the technician as well.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year!!!

Goodone

airone07
Star
Star

hi goodone

from italy I had the same problem what I need to do to solve it?

thanks

airone07
Star
Star

I have spoken with the technical support via live chat and probably they said that there had been a problem to the server software, this morning while I was in connection with them I tried to make a new configuration, and everything worked properly, unfortunately now I already made a new account.

Aspirant
Aspirant

i don't see an admin page.  What do i go to find the admin so i can do all the things you did to reset my system back to the beginning again.  I had the same problem when i moved my cameras around and they all show offline.  Please help so i can restart my system.  Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no "admin" page.  If you want to reset the base back to fresh (as if you just bought the system), use only the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber.  Use the app or browser to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base back in and then resync the cameras.