Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Harms_Way
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, I bought the 2 camera system a while back and absolutley love the system. Now I wish to cover more of my property and I recently purchased an additional "AddOn" camera. Can I ask, what is the procedure or instructions to add / sync this new camera to my original system? Can someone please post these intructions? Last thing I want to do is fug something up and ending in a FUBAR situation. 

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Now that your system is already set up... adding a new camera is as simple as adding the batteries and syncing to the base ( just like with the cameras you have with the original system )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Now that your system is already set up... adding a new camera is as simple as adding the batteries and syncing to the base ( just like with the cameras you have with the original system )

radioandrew
Guide
Guide

I understand that I have to sync the new camera but I have pressed sync on the new camera several times with the new camera real close to the base station but to no avail. Any thoughts? Thanks

radioandrew
Guide
Guide

Adding a new camera is easy (now that I know how to do it) , , , ,

1. Put the batteries in the new camera

2. Place the new camera real close (a foot or so) from the netgear base station.

3. Press Sync on the base station and then (within a few 10s of seconds)

4. Press sync on the new camer and wait for a bit.

Thats it as far as I can see. I now remember the sequence from my origional installation instructs (which I have now lost)

Its a great system by the way.

Thanks to all at Netgear and Arlo

Andrew

xbossanova
Initiate
Initiate
Don't hold down the sync button, just press it. I had trouble getting the sync LED to blink. Took several tries.
Lois
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to sync my second camera.  Have tried several times, turns blue blinking, other light turns blue and then it turns amber.  Any suggestions?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lois,

What is the LED behavior of the base station when trying to sync the camera? Consider a fresh set of batteries and try sync the camera again. 

JamesC

ebelen5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got a new camera for Christmas, it synced just fine but now neither camera is working. Help please?
airone07
Star
Star

i have the same problem

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried resetting all by powering down (power button on the base and camera battery doors opened and closed)?  It might be that simple - or not.

airone07
Star
Star

i purchased a three camera Arlo system.I added each of the first three cameras two weeks ago and they all synced and work as expected.yesterday I then opened and synced a new fourth camera,but the Arlo admin page says that I've synced a new camera, that my service plan supports five cameras (I only have four), and each camera window says I need to upgrade my service level to see the me camera. 

i have try to resetting my base but the system is now offline and I can't see any of the cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has identified and resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience this behavior.

JamesC

airone07
Star
Star

yes I saw that your engineers have released a new version of the software

thanks

radioandrew
Guide
Guide

"Don't hold down the sync button"

EXCELLENT  . .. . Many thanks xbossanova!

I was holding the Sync button down for several seconds (dont know why really) and it did not work, but just a quick press on the base station and then on the new camere all is well! I now have three camers opperational!

radioandrew
Guide
Guide

In 'RadioAndrews' new camera steps,

Remember to do step 3 quickly, just a one second press on the Sync button and then similar on the new camera is all it needs!

hienkle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to add the second camera from my 2-camera Arlo  set. I can add the second camera to the first iPhone (primary user) but NOT to the second iPhone (second user).  I was able to add the first camera to both user already. I also was able to add the second camera to the primary user, but not the to the second user, so I believe the second camera works.

I have tried everything recommended above: a) press the base station sync button quickly, b) hold the second camera < 1 foot close to the base station, c) press and release the camera sync button quickly. I did see on the second camera the blue light blinks ten second and then blink quickly and then stop blinking. So it appears that synching works. But no matter what, the second iPhone doesn't show the screen from the first. 

Very frustrating.

Since from the primary user iPhone I can read off the ID of the second camera, shouldn't arlo.netgear modify the Arlo apps software to let me enter the ID of the second camera into the Arlo apps for the second iPhone and be done with the sync? Can a sfotware mod to the Arlo apps be released that let me do that?

BTW, I have also tried the 3 steps above numerous times, with numerous sets of batteries to no avail.

Please reply with a solution, thanks a million!

ToAnh

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm confused. I think you just want to see both cameras on both phones but you're using the primary (owner) account on one but a friend on the other (you're sharing the cameras). You've successfully synced the cameras but the second account, which is different from the primary, doesn't show both cameras. Correct?

If so, you need to go into settings, Grant Access and make sure both cameras are selected for the friend account. Be sure to save the new settings.

bweiss
Aspirant
Aspirant
One camera has red display. Tried to add a 4th camera but will not add
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are a ton of threads with answers for the red tint issue.  It's the IR filter for night vision that has stuck in place for whatever reason.  Various things have worked for various users but certainly not all:

- reset camera by opening and closing the battery door or replace the batteries

- in Settings, turn off night vision, save, and turn it back on and save

- remove the camera from the system in Settings and resync it

- carefully but firmly hit the camera on various sides with your hands

Any of these or none may help.  If not, you need to open a trouble ticket.

As for adding a camera, make sure you're only pushing the sync button on the base for a couple of seconds - too long causes the base to enter a non-sync mode.If that isn't the issue, power cycle the base and reset the camera by opening and closing the battery door.  Try again.  What is the LED on the front of the camera doing?  Should blink blue slowly and then rapidly for several seconds before turning off.  A firmware update may occur, indicated by blue/amber flashing LEDs for several seconds.  If no luck and everything else is working fine (ignore the red tint), you may just have a bad camera.

Freddie49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have tried syncing the new add on camera, followed the same steps as initial set-up but all I get is the internet light blinking when I press the side of the base station.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Freddie49 wrote:

Have tried syncing the new add on camera, followed the same steps as initial set-up but all I get is the internet light blinking when I press the side of the base station.

Sound like you holding the SYNC button instead of a quick push.... holding causes the usb led to flash.

( if the internet led is flashing, you have other problems )