Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding a Pro cam for casual two-way communication

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JRTinz
Initiate
Initiate

Greetings:

I have a "plain" Arlo 3 cam system, and have been considering adding an Arlo Pro cam to my set up.  Basically I have my existing three cams set up for security, but would like to add a Pro cam. Essentially the idea is my wife to use this cam to see and talk to me(well, the grandson anyway) while she is at work.

If you have done something similar, are you satisfied with how it worked out for you?  I could use my cell phone, but in theory this seems more convenient.  

Thanks in advance!

-jrt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There would be no issue adding a Pro camera...

that said, some of the users report it works great , and some not... mostly depends on the phone used.

The newer iOS has had issues now and then with audio.

As to me, I mostly use the computer...and with that audio has been ok with Pro and Pro2 cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There would be no issue adding a Pro camera...

that said, some of the users report it works great , and some not... mostly depends on the phone used.

The newer iOS has had issues now and then with audio.

As to me, I mostly use the computer...and with that audio has been ok with Pro and Pro2 cameras

Morse is faster than texting!
JRTinz
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks TomMac...

I sort of thought that would be the case. Always hard to tell from reviews regardless... on anything. Most are prone to make the effort to complain than to praise, so your reply is likely the best I could hope for.

I like to carry around a cam and place it where my wife can look in on our grandson when I'm watching him, so a "spare " Arlo will likely work out pretty slick in any case.

Thanks again...

-jrt