Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Added a camera and it is not picking up motion

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have added a further camera and it appears it's not picking up motion at all, I have tested the motion in settings to no avail, I have re synced it and turned off at base plate no avail, the running man is grey. It picks up live when testing but that's it! I have the app on my tablet and use that...no problems with the other cameras at all!! Please help before I send the device back.

thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bez wrote:

I have added a further camera and it appears it's not picking up motion at all, I have tested the motion in settings to no avail, I have re synced it and turned off at base plate no avail, the running man is grey. It picks up live when testing but that's it! I have the app on my tablet and use that...no problems with the other cameras at all!! Please help before I send the device back.

thank you in advance.

If the running man is GRAY, it will never pick up motion as the camera is not armed !

When the camera is armed, the running man will be BLACK.

Check your MODES to make sure the camera rules are correct.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If in test mode, it's not picking up any motion, I suspect you have a faulty camera

Bez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Steve_t I thought it might of been the case, I shall send it back 😞 

again thank you you for your quick response.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bez wrote:

thank you in advance.

If the running man is GRAY, it will never pick up motion as the camera is not armed !

When the camera is armed, the running man will be BLACK.

Check your MODES to make sure the camera rules are correct.

Morse is faster than texting!
Bez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Tom Mac, that's exact,y what I did and your right, it's now working 🙂 totally appreciate your help.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Good result, but I'm confused.

If you're in disarmed mode and go into the camera settings and use the motion sensitivity testing, it doesn't work??

Bez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hiya, my fault I had not set the mode for this camera, now that I have it works 🙂