Add on camera issue

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Frances64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, we bought an Arlo two years ago but the camera failed, recording pink.  We bought an add on camera but for some reason it will only work if motion is detected on the original camera.  In mode it only has the original and states if motion is detected do the following ... record from both cameras.  I changed the setting for the old camera to do nothing but then it literally does nothing.  I’m sure it’s something quite simple but as we’re not very technically minded I would really appreciate any assistance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the new camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it. Any better?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the new camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it. Any better?

Frances64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  That was an interesting 20 mins.  I did as you suggested and then added the new camera.  We lost all connection but then tried again.  This time a command came up to name the camera, something I didn’t get the other day, so now it’s called camera two rather than the model number.  Is this ok ? Thank you for your prompt help, the new camera seems to be working now. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That all sounds appropriate. Glad it's working.

Frances64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your help.  For whatever reason it didn’t give me the command to rename when I tried to add on the new camera the other day.  So it’s ok to have the model number for the original camera and a name for the second camera ? Out of curiosity the reason for buying a new camera was because the original one recorded in pink/red during the day.  Would you know why that happened ?  Thank you again.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The name doesn't make any difference - it's just a way for you to remember what the camera is.

The pink color is due to the IR filter getting stuck. The original wireless cameras have had this issue on a regular basis. Removing batteries and reinserting can free the filter but no always. Remember that you have a 1 year warranty so you could have opened a case with support for an RMA:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Frances64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your prompt reply.  We bought the original camera 2 years ago and started having issues about 6 months ago so unfortunately it’s out of warranty. Thanks again.