Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Account removed

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Torbi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

My system has been offline for about a year and a half. Yesterday when I tried to get it up and running again, I was'nt able to sign in with my account. The error I got was that it could'nt find the account(or likewise). I'm sure the e-mail was correct because when I log in to that e-mail account I have all the notifications about movement catched by the camera. I could'nt reset the password since they could'nt find the account. After a while I created a new account and tried to claim my base station to that account. I then got the message that they could'nt claim the device. Probably because it was claimed by my old account that does'nt exist anymore. I have also done a factory reset on the base station.

Someone got any idea what to do? I have'nt been able to contact the support because it has been unavailable since yesterday afternoon... 

Best regards

Dennis T

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@Torbi

Has this ever been a shared account and if so were you the original owner of the account? If it has never been a shared account then follow the Contact Support banners at the bottom of each page and keep going for a couple of pages more until you come to a dropdown box that lists the phone numbers for each country and see what Support has on file for that account or if they can help you set everything up again.

Brian

Torbi
Aspirant
Aspirant

@brh

Hi.Thanks for response 🙂

No it has never been a shared account, and yes I'm the original owner. I've read in other posts that people having the same problem if they bought an already used device, but that's not the case here. The phone number for my country(sweden) seems to be out of use. I managed to sent an e-mail to the support but that does'nt seem to be working either.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Torbi,

I have attached the Arlo Tech Support Link Below. You should be able to access all the features here. Arlo Tech Support

brh
Master
Master

@ShayneS

I clicked on the link you provided and this is the message I got:

This site can’t be reached

https’s server IP address could not be found

Does this link only work in Sweeden? I am in the US.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The problem with the above link is that there are "https://" parts of the URL. Try this one:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Torbi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I know about that support page, and as I stated in the beginning I have managed to sent an e-mail to the support this thursday. I even got a case number(40442886). But... I havent heard a word from them. The chat function does'nt work at all, I can click "start chat" but then the window just turn white and nothing happens. The phone number for swedish support isnt in use at all.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't address the problems you're having with support but as long as you have a case number, keep replying to it so it doesn't get closed out automatically.