Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ASUS RT-AC68 & basestation

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ftlum
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All.

My Netgear R7000 router (which was working with Arlo) died, so I've replaced it with an ASUS AC68R, but the Arlo basestation is not recognized-- it just hangs when I try to either try to reinstall it as a new system or try to add it as another basestation in my account. 

I tried completely disabling both the router firewall and my software (bitdefender) firewall, but that did not help.

I can see VMB3010 in the router's admin page, on the network map.

How do I get the Arlo system working with my new router? 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ftium,

Welcome to the community! If you have a solid green power and internet LED and you see the router on the network map I agree that the problem does not seem likely to be hardware failure. Trying a different router will absolutely help isolate the issue. Just to verify, after swapping to the Asus router, did you also decide to factory reset your base station? You should have been able to just log back in to your existing account after making the swap. Are you using the same account that the base station was originally on? If it is still active under another account you will get the behavior you are describing. If using a different account, a factory reset of the base station will release the serial number so it can be added to the new account. Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess it's possible the death of the old router somehow took out the Ethernet port on the base.  Are all the LEDs lit on the base? What color? What happens if you use the web browser on a mobile device connected to your router via WiFi (thinking it's something in the computer configuration)?

ftlum
Tutor
Tutor

There are 3 solidly lit lights on the basestation and I do see the it in my router's network map, so my gut sense is that the problem is not from a hardware failure. 

Trying to install the basestation via the iphone app doesn't work either, so the problem shouldn't be with Windows 10.

My cable modem has some ethernet ports I could try, but I presume doing it this way would be a potential security issue-- I'd be missing the router's firewall protection that way. 

I still have a very old Netgear router I can try for diagnostic reasons, but I'm guessing there's some sort of setting that needs to be changed in my Asus router.  On the other hand, the router was released in 2013; I would think compatibility issues/ setting adjustments would have been discovered already. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ftium,

Welcome to the community! If you have a solid green power and internet LED and you see the router on the network map I agree that the problem does not seem likely to be hardware failure. Trying a different router will absolutely help isolate the issue. Just to verify, after swapping to the Asus router, did you also decide to factory reset your base station? You should have been able to just log back in to your existing account after making the swap. Are you using the same account that the base station was originally on? If it is still active under another account you will get the behavior you are describing. If using a different account, a factory reset of the base station will release the serial number so it can be added to the new account. Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

ftlum
Tutor
Tutor

Factory reset did the trick-- I can now see my camera streams on my iPad.

Now the problem is that when I'm logged onto my desktop PC, it thinks the basestation is offline (even though it works on my iPad and all 3 lights are solid green).  This seems to be a problem others are having.  Is there a firmware fix? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see this if I use a web browser.  Logging out and back in does the trick for me. Since the app works fine, it appears to be an issue between the server and browser.