Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO WI FI CAMERA

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
va48
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed the system properly and it worked fine. As I had to change my Base station location, I disconnected it. I then had to sync again my camera. During this process I opened the battery compartment, as I saw no LED. Then I tried again. The blue LED is ON for several seconds, then no sign of life at all. What should I do? How may I reset my camera (not Base station).

Thank you in advance for the prompt response! 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You shouldn't have needed to do anything to the camera just to move it. Assuming you're still stuck, remove the camera in Settings under My Devices. Then re-sync it and all should be fine.

va48
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

The problem is that there is no camera in "Settings", only Base station. And the blue LED appears only for 2 seconds, when I insert the batteries, then the camera is dead. I put new batteries, same issue.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Create a trouble ticket. It may be defective. If your ownership is short enough you may be able to exchange the camera or system for a new one.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

va48,

Have you tried going through the camera sync process again? What is the behavior of the camera LEDs when you try and sync to the base station? When the camera syncs successfully the LED will remain unlit. Take a look at this article that defines camera LED indicators: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo Wire-Free camera mean?

JamesC

va48
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

of course I did. That's the issue. Only when I change the batteries the blue LED is ON for 2-3 seconds, than - even with new batteries, it's dead... no sign at all. I think the problem is that I've opened the battery's compartment during the sync process - I could not sync after the Base station was disconnected.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

va48,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. i would be happy to help.

JamesC