Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO VMS3430 4-Pack, in service since June 2015, and recently started getting false motion alerts.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DSFM
Follower
Follower

Over the past couple weeks the system has been sending false motion alerts.  Out of the 4 cameras 3 of them send alerts basically at the same time.  Ussually 2 or 4 but sometimes 3 of the 4 cameras.

This also happens when we log onto the iphone app, one or more of the cameras will send a false alert.  Basically at the same time I log into the app a camera or multiple cameras sends an alert.

For Random alerts there is no motion and seems to happen more at night than during day except when we login and pick a camera. 

When I login it does not matter what time of day it will send a false alert.

Recently put new Batteries in all cameras and they show full bars.

I also experienced last week when I logged into iphone app there was 2 views of each camera showing up in the devices page.

Is this a camera issue, base station issue or a Netgear network issue?

2 REPLIES 2
foxfly
Guide
Guide
I also have this issue on one of my Arlo Pro cameras. As soon as I log in the app, I get a false alert. 
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DSFM,

Are you running the latest version of the Arlo mobile app for iOS? There was a duplicate camera issue that has since been resolved with the latest version.

Regarding the false notification issue, consider rebooting your Arlo base station, do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC