Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO VMC3030 camera new battery shows at 15%

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JuanArloUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, the battery shows at 15% and I get the message "it's time to change your batteries" even though the batteries are brand new. I've replaced them a few times to make sure with new batteries everytime. I've tried reseting to factory default and re-linking to base station but it did not help. Firmware is up to date. I don't know what else to try. Can you please advise? 

Serial #48B4597SD6069

Firmware# 1.2.21616

Hardware# H7

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JuanArloUser,

Are you sure the batteries are inserted correctly and making a good connection? What brand of batteries are you using?

JamesC

JuanArloUser
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello James, yes, the batteries are connected properly. I’ve tried multiple brands actually. Duracell, Energizer. I just spent a good 20 minutes inspecting the connections and it works well. I’ve read several posts on this and appears to be a bug but it was supposed to go away once a firmware update was done. Which actually was done the other day and the problem persists. By the way, I have other cameras and the batteries work perfectly on the other cameras. Not sure what else to do. Does Arlo charge for Tech support on these cameras? It’s definitely out of warranty, I bought it 1+ year ago..
Any advise will be appreciated!
Thanks !
TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
No expert here, just a guy that has struggled with these cameras and their motion detection and lag flaws , & have moved them around alot. Batteries were showing low like 25% in a camera I was moving , and it fell to ground, camera was alright, but the batteries showed 85% afterwards . The jarring must have done something .