Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Smart Premier w/5 on-site cameras and one "Q" remote ... is "free" still available?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Flashfox_Prime
Guide
Guide

As noted in the title, I have 5 wireless cameras and one wired "Q" which is remote. I looked over my usage and determined that I do not need this now that I live in a condo (had them when we lived in a house ... was useful then). So, I cancelled my renewal. Now I would like to keep the remote wired camera (Q) as it's at my country place.

As I recall, these devices used to be free to use (no subscription, no recordings, no alarms, etc.). So, my question is:

• Can I just keep the remote wired "Q" on a free/no subscription plan?

I don't need recording or alarms as I only use the camera to monitor the remote radios when in use them (amateur radio remote setup). 

I now have 5 "Netgear" cameras along with one base that will become "unused". Yes, I paid a lot back then, but I've had them for years. They still work but I can't justify the expense as we are now in a condo with less ingress points,   built-in camera/doorbell and other integrated alarms. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Flashfox_Prime wrote:

As I recall, these devices used to be free to use (no subscription, no recordings, no alarms, etc.). So, my question is:

• Can I just keep the remote wired "Q" on a free/no subscription plan?

Not quite.  There was a limit of 5 cameras per account, and you have six cameras.

However, there is a fairly simple work-around.  Create a second Arlo account, and add the Q to that new account.  Then share the camera with your main account.

I suggest using a PC browser to accept the invite - it often seems to work out better.