Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
nikuscs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone, came here after using Arlo for 2 Years when they earlier started and App really worked well, since the past year the App and system itselt became useless with so much bugs and problems that arlo is not anymore a system that you can rely on and out of the box product.

As owner of 2 base stations and round 10 cameras this is really furstrating have to deal with all this bull**bleep** bugs everyday. The path that this product is going, at the point Netgear is worried relasing freaking lights, Pro models, new version, all hunders of new products but forgetting about the most essential thing : Stability and User Expirience! As a old user this is really bad as we invested hundreds of dollars for a system that is simply getting buggy everyday without actually having no kind of support.

Please Netgear go and have a look at your App reviews and you will see how much unhappy costumers you having, but still you keep realasing **bleep**ty lights when the actual whole point os this is having something that works and is reliable.

Also, hard to contact or get support, livechat is never available, you waste your time on livchat with stupid troubleshooting, hiding behind buttons and website to avoid users to contact you... this is a no go!

- Since 25/26 May the app randomly crashes when opens, costumers with Arlo Baby cant see their fellow kids, instead they have to deal with a Bugged App
- Base station randomly disconnects or gets stuck at "getting status", ur miles away and still you cant track whats happening in your home, once again you have to deal with bugs
- Geofencing simply doesnt work or its fully bugged.
- App/website after 2 years still only supports 1 login at the time.
- Cameras wont pair Automatic after a battery replacment

My question is, why you keep releasing new models and "smart" lights that no one cares about and instead hire some pr0 devs that can actually make a reliable system?

Honestly if in the next months the issues are not fixed i rather take all the equipment and put in on the trash and buy some random Foscam/D-Link, where you can actually check ur live streams outside of app, open source protocols, cheaper price, no battery costs and you can actually rely on. My foscam Cameras are actually more usefull in the daily basis then your rubish fancy product and over-priced.

Honest opinion here from a costumer that gave you more then 1k$ for a surveillance/monitor system full of bugs.

Listen to the community..

11 REPLIES 11
Pontaso
Guide
Guide

I agree with you 100%.

This is a wider and larger problem now with Arlo.

Many users have experienced pixelation, lack of focus and bad video/image quality lately, me included. I have owned this system for about a year now, but around Arlo's emergency update to their cloud this may video and picture quality went to garbage. Prevously I had a crystal clear and very crisp picture without exceptions. Also their new firmware updates have only made the video/picture quality worse.

I wonder are they using more compression at Arlo while the amount of users is growing or is there a code that in the beginning everything works fine but with time compression increases etc. making the video/picture quality garbage.

Something is not right with this system.

nikuscs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also hate the fact that you come here to censorship the costumer and change the topic title to one that looks good for Arlo. This is totally joke, controlling your costumers threads. The original topic title is "A useless and Bugged system" totally describes what your product is right now. If it hurts to read just refund the costumers or either fix it.
jmartins
Initiate
Initiate
I share some of your "pain".

I had a regular arlo cam and with my child born I decided to buy an arlo Baby.
About two weeks later the App stop working ( with an update - 23/05/2018 ). I wasnt able to use any of both products. Tried to contact the live chat and took me 3 days till someone answers. They told me that they will investigate the problem. With no further answer, I tryed myself to debug the problem: from removing each device from the account (from the online site), till shifting each configuration. Finally I found that it was related with the geofencing mode - that is not working anymore. Since that time ( about 2 weeks) I had a product that was simply a piece of plastic, complete useless. It was so frustrating that I had to buy a different surveillance system for my baby.
Btw, till now, no one contacted me from the support.

And on top of that, the recent communication from arlo regarding a possible breach in security:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Important-Security-Update/m-p/1577917

"...
We are continuing to investigate the matter and will provide updates in this thread as necessary."

Yeah, sure...

That's a shame that what once was a nice product, now is making me thinking about every euro that I spent on it.

Suggestion:
- Improve product software quality control
- Improve quality and add more support channels
- Add security measures to the authentication mechanism like a 2nd factor authentication (with a service like this in 2018 this not a "nice to have" any more, it's a must!)

Regards,
José
nikuscs
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 3 days, the problem is not solved. What is this joke? Can anyone from Arlo team take care of this? This is getting ridiculous.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

nikuscs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello James,

The issue is not yet resolved. We have restarted the base station multiple times after your "schedule update" but nothing have changed.. still issues, cameras not acessible for more then 2 weeks now... i hope you will refund the costumers that paid for subscriptions during this period.

Edit : also no support, been trying for days...this double sucks.. a product not working a no support for it
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nikuscs,

I apologize for the poor experience. When you say the camera are not accessible, what do you mean? Are you seeing an error message? Can you provide more detail about what you are experiencing?

JamesC

nikuscs
Aspirant
Aspirant
The cameras are stuck at "getting status" for the past 3 weeks, tried to reboot the base station multiple times, re-pair de cameras nothing... Your support is never available, my subscription was charged and still cannot use the products neither the subscription we paid for... How long this will take?? 1 year??
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nikuscs,

You might try a factory reset of the base station to get a clean slate. To do this, log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > Remove Device.

After the base has been removed, press and hold the reset button on the back of the base station until all LEDs flash amber. Allow the base station to come back online, log in to your Arlo account and click "Add Device", select base station and follow the on-screen instructions.

JamesC

nikuscs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did what you said, now im stack at a blank page while adding the device..

Seriously? Are you joking ? -.- FULL OF BUGS!

Looking at the console response it shows the following : 

Error from server: {"data":"<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>\n<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>3FBA9403E3xxxxx</RequestId><HostId>xxxxxxxxx</HostId></Error>","status":403,"config":{"method":"GET","transformRequest":[null],"transformResponse":[null],"jsonpCallbackParam":"callback","url":"https://vzs3-prod-common.s3.amazonaws.com/static/v2/html/pt/addDevicexxxxxl","headers":{"Accept":"application/json, text/plain, */*"}},"statusText":"Forbidden","xhrStatus":"complete"}

Sensitive information was replaced with XXX

Can you please fix this ? This getting way ridiculous, we need to be here basicly doing bug hunting for you, we should be paid for this, we are wasting time days and days, reseting base stations, tracking bugs, now i removed the device, must re-pair everything, re-configure all the modes, resync the cameras, what a waste of time.

I recommend anyone reading this to stay away from this product. Also i want a refund for my last month of subscription that been 0 usage since this is full of bugs.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nikuscs,

What you're experiencing isn't typical behavior. It appears more in-depth troubleshooting will be needed to work through the issue you're experiencing. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. 

JamesC