Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Edit or Create Modes Gone

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ChefDanny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Previously I could not watch the videos of an invited ARLO account. All of a sudden I now can. BUT, now I cannot adjust my camera MODES. I know the new app was pushed to users w/o notice. And I just read that you can adjust or create your MODES under the MODE tab. NOT SO! When I select the mode tab I can see the mode of my ARLO system and the mode of a shared ARLO with my son's ARLO camera. There is no way to adjust my own modes or create a new mode. My options under mode are "settings" and "logout". When in MODE and I select my ARLO system there are NO other choices. When in settings I can see my 2 cameras and my son's shared camera under "shared devices". I do NOT share my ARLO device. Why does it show up under shared devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you used the reset button, you're right - everything is gone and you have to start fresh. You'll need to be home to set up the system again since you have to press buttons.  Make sure everything is deleted in Settings, My Devices.  Then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Be sure to only briefly press the sync button on the base.  All settings, modes and rules will have been reset so you'll have to use Settings, Grant Access again to share your cameras and recreate your modes/rules and schedule as appropriate.

If you only power cycled the base, that doesn't change anything.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Device?  OS? When was your app updated?  Any chance you're using a guest login rather than your master account?  Have you tried a browser and resinstalling the app?

ChefDanny
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled the ARLO app from my Android smartphone today and then downloaded it again from PlayStore. Nothing changed. I have only 1 login name/password. I didn't know there was such a thing as a "guest" login.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

When you go into the app and click MODE, does it say the name of the base station on the left in black and the name of the current mode in green in smaller letters? Then when you hit the words, it takes you to a mode menu?

If not, I'm wondering if your account is one that has been Granted Access as opposed to being the main account. If it's an account type issue, you'll have to contact support 

ChefDanny
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I got home from work I decided to perform a reset after reading some other posts. Now everything is gone except access to my son's camera. I gave up last night and figured I could do some troubleshooting from work today. Nope, I have to be at hope on my network.

Does anyone think I will actually be able to get "actual" ARLO support from someone at Netgear/ARLO?

Everything I've read it that it is non-existant and you only have 90 days from activiation.

Is this the actual phone number (408)638-3750 just in case I still cannot get anywhere trying to get my system back online.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you used the reset button, you're right - everything is gone and you have to start fresh. You'll need to be home to set up the system again since you have to press buttons.  Make sure everything is deleted in Settings, My Devices.  Then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Be sure to only briefly press the sync button on the base.  All settings, modes and rules will have been reset so you'll have to use Settings, Grant Access again to share your cameras and recreate your modes/rules and schedule as appropriate.

If you only power cycled the base, that doesn't change anything.

ChefDanny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I'll try that once I get back home. Hopefully the reset will also get me back to where I can create and edit modes/cameras.