Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AC power has been disconnected. Activity zones are currently disabled. H6 Firmware:1.125.13.0_31717

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LCB
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I get this message "AC power has been disconnected. Activity zones are currently disabled." and I have a yellow Icon indicating the same problem on my dashboard. I have climbed up and brought the "battery" powered camera (the reason I bought it,) and plugged it into power. I have connected to power and made the activity zone based upon memory, (because there is the statement of AC power needed,) and I have gotten relatively close, by now reinstalling the camera at a high location and viewing again from the dashboard the activity area. 

Unhappily, my camera is triggering every time my neighbors come and go. I need the activity zone to eliminating my neighbors tripping my camera since I live in a townhome situation. 

Any ideas, this is extremely annoying since we are all at home and doors and people moving is more like a Saturday but 7 days a week.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LCB wrote:

I get this message "AC power has been disconnected. Activity zones are currently disabled." and I have a yellow Icon indicating the same problem on my dashboard.

If your cameras are running on battery power, then either

• your paid or trial subscription has expired
  • your camera has somehow been moved out of the subscription plan.

If you still do have the paid subscription, then go into "manage cameras" and make sure the cameras are all active (on the plan).

LCB
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @StephenB 

Going to look at subscription is an unusual directive when the warning is AC supply...

However, when I went into selection, it said I still had a subscription but the cameras were not selected. So I clicked on the managed camera and the link would not open (several attempts.) So, I canceled the current plan and started over. This worked and the warning and icon on my dashboard have disappeared. Thanks for the help. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LCB wrote:

Going to look at subscription is an unusual directive when the warning is AC supply...

True. Here's why - 

There are two versions of activity zones.  Local activity zones are done in the camera - but the power needed requires the camera to be on AC power.  Cloud activity zones are done in the Arlo Cloud, they work when the camera is on battery power, but require a paid subscription.

So if you suddenly see this message, then either the camera is no longer AC powered, or the camera is no longer covered by the subscription.