Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

7 Days of Video memories in cloud (Records when motion/event detected. Upto 1 GB).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
hbliss
Follower
Follower

How do we know if we have exceeded 1GB weekly cloud allowance allowed under free basic subscription?

Hilda 

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Apparently it pretty much doesn't exist any more. You'll just have your 7 days of videos. Either way, it'd delete the oldest videos first so make sure you download any that you want to keep

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It does still exist but it's not enforced.  We don't know if it will ever return to being enforced so proactively downloading videos is recommended.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS... AND "Favorite" videos are deleted too at 7 days  ( in case you look at old info where they weren't )

download is your friend

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Keep in mind with Arlo PRO you can plug a USB thumbdrive into the back of the unit that you can also have your videos saved too.  Those videos aren't deleted in 7 days, I have a 64gb USB drive plugged in.  I also have the USB configured to NOT overwrite, so once it gets full, I'll have to copy the data off or wipe the drive.  At any rate, it's an easy solution to ensure you don't lose important recordings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
As long as you don't lose power. A UPS can help a lot if your modem, router and base are all plugged into it.