Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4K wifi Arlo !

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GuyC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Saw the new Essential pre-order.. not black so not going there yet… I want the best qual but wifi .. have pro 4’s and some essentials.. Do you think a 4K wifi is imminent ? If not thoughts on the wk pro Image vs the essential ?.. I am not seeing a massive difference tbh !

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GuyC,

I don't have any information on a 4K direct to WiFi Arlo camera at this time. Keep an eye on arlo.com and here on the community for future announcements.

JamesC

GuyC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thx for the response, sounds like adding another pro4 then with soar for the time being ... assume the old essential and new HD are the same res with different form factor and battery life ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GuyC,

Yes, the 2nd generation HD Essential camera offers similar specs as the original Essential cameras in addition to having a 2K model. You can read more about the Essential 2nd generation cameras here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/cameras/essential/arlo-essential-v2.html

JamesC

GuyC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James.. tbh.. the reason I am asking is I have extended my wifi and want to replace some of the trail cameras I have.. here's a pro4 from last night.. would truly love it if I had 4k there... I have around 8 solar trail cams and ready to replace but the essentials are just not good enough, the pro4 are fine but at that price I really would rather wait for a 4k version ...anyhow, bought an essential as a stop gap... thx