Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4 wireless camera plus 2 arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
supaflyz
Guide
Guide

I have a problem hooking up my system.  From what I read and asked on here that I'm able to hook up the 4 camera wirless with the 2 arlo Q without having to upgrade to the 6 camera.  Well I tried to do that but it said I must upgrade my subscription.  I went and click on add device on all of them then sync them.  All 6 work, but 1 is inactive because I have to upgrade my subscription.  What I'm I doing wrong.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Supaflyz,

Which client did you use to set up the account (android, iOS, web)? What device/iOS version was on the device used? (example iPhone 6 version 9.3.2)?

Which device did you register first (Arlo Q, or the Wire-free Base Station)?

Was this a pre-existing account or was this a brand new account that has never had an Arlo device on it in the past?

JamesC

supaflyz
Guide
Guide

Which client did you use to set up the account (android, iOS, web)? What device/iOS version was on the device used? (example iPhone 6 version 9.3.2)?

I don't know how to use the quote function on here.  I set it up using the arlo android app.

Which device did you register first (Arlo Q, or the Wire-free Base Station)?

I think I registered the Arlo Q first.  I just plug in the mini usb and then plug it in.  Then I click add device and sync them.

Was this a pre-existing account or was this a brand new account that has never had an Arlo device on it in the past?

This is a pre-existing account.  I just exchange the 4 wireless camera system and got the one with the 4 camera plus the two Arlo Q.  I uninstalled the app on my phone then installed it again.  I used the same email as the previous one. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

supaflyz,

The fact that it was an existing account that had a 4 camera kit on it previously is the issue. I will reach out to you in a private message with options for resolution.

JamesC