Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Temaxkc
Tutor
Tutor
July 21 between 4:45am-5:00am, 3 of my 5 cameras went offline. Two have new batteries and the third had a full charge. Since 2 cameras are still working, it's not the base station. Since 2 have new batteries, it's not that. I tried emailing Support and got an error message.
9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Take the off line cameras and attempt a simple sync like when new ( quick push on base sync button )

It's hard to say with the info what made those go offline

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Temaxkc
Tutor
Tutor
But isn't the point of having security. cameras is that I don't have to be home 24x7 to fix them?
Temaxkc
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry but I'm a bit grousy with this whole system . Was on vacation last month and base station went offline with no way to fix it until we got home.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No offense taken.... can understand

But from the description it's hard to determine why some times cameras go off line... could be a number of things.

But if you find or narrow it down to one or two cameras, then look for signal strength, interference from other 2.4g devices, etc

Sometime swapping the trouble cams around with good one helps find the issue ( to see if issue follows camera or it's location )

Can say my system has been running fro 2 yrs now and rarely do the cameras go off line just because... Of 12 cams, in the last two years the number off for an unknown reason is 2... others do go down at times but mostly due to I let the batteries run down or I'm moving them around and maxing the distance ( cause is weak signal in these cases )

BTW, I run a UPS on the base unit so it gets clean power and for power outages, there is less chance of loosing sync to a camera if the base is always powered even if internet goes down

Morse is faster than texting!
DanG808
Tutor
Tutor

I purchase 3 camera system.  Which all worked fine, no problems.  All where inside the house.    Then I added a 4th camera and this one always goes off line.  I have it outside my home which is the farthest from the base.  I put new batteries and re booted several times, it kept going off line.  I moved inside where another camera was and it did the same thing. Spoke to customer service and they are replacing the camera.   The camera which was inside which I moved outside which never gave me a problem now went off line too after it sensed motion.   I also moved the base station 10 feet closer to the outside camera, so now it is  only about 20 feet away, but there is the metal front door and cement wall between the camera and base station. Have not received the 4th replacment camera from Arlo yet, but kind of don't know what to do now situaton.

C9
Aspirant
Aspirant
I started with a 4 pack of cameras. One kept going offline. I bought a single pack thinking an additional one would help. Not the case. To this day, two of the five cameras will not sync and others go out randomly throughout the day. Is there a fix?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

C9 wrote:
I started with a 4 pack of cameras. One kept going offline. I bought a single pack thinking an additional one would help. Not the case. To this day, two of the five cameras will not sync and others go out randomly throughout the day. Is there a fix?

Move your base station further away from your wifi router

Temaxkc
Tutor
Tutor
I have had two of five offline for over a month. Changed batteries, tried to resync numerous times. Removed them altogether and tried to add again. No luck.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It can be the location of the cameras for a variety of reasons. Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or the location.