Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
OzzzieMike
Guide
Guide

I have 4 Arlo cameras, one of which is an Arlo Pro camera.  My base station is the original Arlo base station. (Not sure if either of these details is relevant, but providing them just in case). Battery levels on all cameras are above 70%. The Arlo Pro camera does have a custom mode assigned to it to reduce sensitivity, as it's on the garage and was being triggered by any car that drove past our house.  None of the other cameras have any kind of special mode assigned to them.

The Arlo Pro camera is triggering properly on movement, but the other three are not.  These other three cameras do sense motion, as confirmed doing the Motion Detection Test in the mobile app for each of them. (The light blinks when motion is detected). But these other three cameras are not recording any events, nor do I get a notification from them that there's been movement.

I'm thinking maybe there's a setting that's wrong or something (but can't imagine what it might be, as I don't recall changing any settings).

Any suggestions what I might check or try?

11 REPLIES 11
CATexasgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are picking me up when I walk out but not recording or notifying.  This happened after I received prompts today that "Arlo was not available, try later."   Looks like we'll be sending this product back to QVC.   Sad we wanted it to work but alas the push to talk etc doesn't work or works POORLY now this.   What is going on with Netgear?

OzzzieMike
Guide
Guide

I wouldn't be too quick to send them back.  My Arlo system has worked well since I installed it a year or two ago.  I'd wait to see if my (our) issue can be resolved before sending them back. 

Just my $0.02 worth.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? Gray means the camera is disarmed. Check your modes to see which one is marked as active (check the schedule, too, if you use that). Verify that the modes are set properly. A restart of the base may be useful. What are the LEDs on the base showing when the system should be recording but isn't?

CATexasgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? Gray means the camera is disarmed. Check your modes to see which one is marked as active (check the schedule, too, if you use that). Verify that the modes are set properly. A restart of the base may be useful. What are the LEDs on the base showing when the system should be recording but isn't?

Yes!  I went into Mode it was armed. I checked every level for audio and motion. All at high levels. I even took out battery and reset.   Nothing.   Netgear did something yesterday because I got a prompt on my phone that Arlo was not available and to try later. My feeling is they were trying to resolve another issue and created this one for me and others. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AFAIK, there's nothing going on that would cause this although I/we don't have insight as to this sort of thing. Since it seems to only be happening to you (we'd be hearing a bunch of complaints otherwise) it seems to be a local problem. For starters, I would turn off the modem, router and base. Turn them back on in that order, waiting for each to initialize before going on t the next device. Networks have been known to get wonky and this has cleared the issue in the past. If so, because of the wide variety of networking devices in use as well as ISPs it's hard to pin down who is at fault.

CATexasgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

AFAIK, there's nothing going on that would cause this although I/we don't have insight as to this sort of thing. Since it seems to only be happening to you (we'd be hearing a bunch of complaints otherwise) it seems to be a local problem. For starters, I would turn off the modem, router and base. Turn them back on in that order, waiting for each to initialize before going on t the next device. Networks have been known to get wonky and this has cleared the issue in the past. If so, because of the wide variety of networking devices in use as well as ISPs it's hard to pin down who is at fault.

Ok I'll try that before I send it back to QVC.  I'll go into the "electronics" forum and see if others are having this problem as well.   I know at least half of the buyers have sent them back for various problems.  But I'll give it one more try.  Appreciate your time and effort. 

OzzzieMike
Guide
Guide

I tried a “reboot” of the base station, and it looks like everything is back to normal.

Thanks for the help.

CATexasgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

@OzzzieMike wrote:

I tried a “reboot” of the base station, and it looks like everything is back to normal.

Thanks for the help.

Glad it worked for you.  I rebooted as well. The front door is picking up motion but sooo delayed that by the time I walk out to the street and back up to the door it catches me entering the house.  The Patio door is not sensing motion at all and no sound.   

OzzzieMike
Guide
Guide

I think I read that Arlo comes with free 90 days phone tech support. You might as well take advantage of it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You aren't limited to 90 days. I know the literature implies that but I can assure you that you can continue to contact support for free at any time.

CATexasgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's interesting because my booklet says 30 days.  Hmmm   I usually use the Live Chat.