Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Layzkat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can 2 households members view video feed from different devices at same time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... go to Settings under Grant Access. ( follow directions )

One account will be the primary and  the next secondary... secondary will have 95% controls of system with all admin rights granted.  Bot can view at same time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@Layzkat,

Yes, if they have been granted access to the cameras. 

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... go to Settings under Grant Access. ( follow directions )

One account will be the primary and  the next secondary... secondary will have 95% controls of system with all admin rights granted.  Bot can view at same time.

Layzkat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also if both devices are using same email only one person can see videos because other person is viewing at same time ? Should I give second person sign in with different Email ??
brh
Master
Master

@Layzkat,

Correct.

When you Grant Access to another person, you send them an email to their email account. They will open your invitation email and follow the instructions to receive a token they can use to share your cameras. Then they will download the app and create an Arlo account using their credentials. You will be able to select which cameras you wish to share with this person and whatever administrative rights you wish to assign to them.

Brian

GBJR
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac Am I correct in that 2 devices can view at the same time but you can have more than two having access as long as only two are logged on.  My son, daughter in-law, wife, and daughter all take turns watching livestock and would like access to Arlo.  

@Layzkat wrote:

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If everyone other than the primary user has been granted access to their own email addresses, everyone can log in and view the cameras at the same time.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@GBJR wrote:

@TomMac Am I correct in that 2 devices can view at the same time but you can have more than two having access as long as only two are logged on.  My son, daughter in-law, wife, and daughter all take turns watching livestock and would like access to Arlo.  

@Layzkat wrote:

Actually if you Grant Access, more than two can view at same time... don't remember max number of people, but it's at least 5

So grant access to wife , daughter and all 3 can view at same time