Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 camera Failures after only 3 weeks.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BFGAZ
Tutor
Tutor

2 of my 6 cameras now have the message:

"Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection."  And there is no place to go within the software and web interface to fix the 2 problems.  What is the solution?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GABRIELL
Guide
Guide

Please attempt to power cycle your camera one more time by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Or you may try to swap batteries with the working camera.

You can also check this link - somehow similar .

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Wire-Free-camera/Message-says-device-offline-and-cameras-offli...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GABRIELL
Guide
Guide

Please attempt to power cycle your camera one more time by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Or you may try to swap batteries with the working camera.

You can also check this link - somehow similar .

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Wire-Free-camera/Message-says-device-offline-and-cameras-offli...

BFGAZ
Tutor
Tutor

Problem solved, and thanks!

One final discovery:  When this happens...in this case, my 2 cameras were not working for almost 4 days...that camera state REALLY drains the batteries very quickly even though the cameras are not operational or transmitting.  In those two cameras I just had to replace the 8 batteries at a cost of $5 per battery (Wal-Mart).  The batteries in all my other cameras are now still at 93% after 3 weeks of active usage.  The lesson for me is that as soon as this failure commences with any camera, undertake the fix posted in this thread.  I do wish that the Arlo system would transmit a message regarding camera failure just as it does when motion is activated...since the batteries are then still working and the camera is clearly powered.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Batteries can be had at a much lower price on the Internet, on the order of $1.50-1.75 each.  Also, while Netgear specifically disavows their use, rechargeables can save a lot of money quickly.  Check out the Buying Options and Tips forum for huge threads on this.  You don't need to read the  whole thread - the last 5-10 pages should give you all the info needed.