Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

100+ Motion alerts / Motion sensitivity set to 1

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
wrbice
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to set the Motion Sensitivity sensor to 10%. I go into Mode>Edit>>Edit Rule and slide the sensitivity monitor to 10%. If I exit the screen, it ALWAYS goes back to 80%. How do i change this permanently? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wrbice wrote:

I am trying to set the Motion Sensitivity sensor to 10%. I go into Mode>Edit>>Edit Rule and slide the sensitivity monitor to 10%. If I exit the screen, it ALWAYS goes back to 80%. How do i change this permanently? 

AFTER you change the setting of sense, go BACK one page and at bottom, HIT SAVE ( save isn't on the same page as adjustment )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wrbice wrote:

AFTER you change the setting of sense, go BACK one page and at bottom, HIT SAVE ( save isn't on the same page as adjustment )

Morse is faster than texting!
Dillionphan08
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do I have to keep my iPhone open after I hit the recording button to keep it records,and how long does the battery last all day?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dillionphan08 wrote:
Do I have to keep my iPhone open after I hit the recording button to keep it records,and how long does the battery last all day?

If you're using live view and then manually recording, yes, the app would need to remain open. However, live view will only stay alive for 30 minutes to preserve the battery. I'm not sure how long the manual recording can be.

wrbice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick - and very easy - fix!!! 

TomMac wrote:

wrbice wrote:

jocbaz
Guide
Guide
Hi there,

I neet tonlet you know the Arlo Pro doesn't let me adjust the motion sensor. No matter what I do, it reverts back to 50%. This is weird since, first of all, I've never set the 5 cameras to 50%. Looks that last update to the base and to the App fir Android got all the screwing... please, have your developers to fix it. ASAP!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jocbaz,

Are you saving after changing the sensitivity? After you have set the sensitivity you would like the camera to be set to, tap "Back" and be sure to Save to commit the changes.

JamesC

jocbaz
Guide
Guide
Yes, but whenever i go back to previous screen, i do not see the "save" link/button as it was before... there must be something buggy between the latest app and base version firmware updates.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
jocbaz
Guide
Guide
Note this is happening in Arlo Pro.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Not the updates but something about your setup. Try power cycling the base first.
jocbaz
Guide
Guide
Hi, Thank you for your reply, Yes, I have power cycled the cameras and the base. Let me tell you something... First of all, I did only tried to change on one of the cameras the motion sensor (per say Driveway), By default, it was set to 100%; however, noticed it was been activated by EVERY vehicle passing by on the street; hence, the battery was running low very fast. So, I decided to lower it to 50% (on that camera only) (I have 5 Arlo Pro cameras). Then, eventually, noticed at some point the Base got an update by the end of last month; and eventually, I've been getting updates for the app in my Android cell phone. Later; this month (December), I moved the "Driveway" camera to a different spot, to reduce activation from the street traffic; then, I decided to change the Motion sensor to a higher %; and that's when I noticed I was not able to do it... so, then I tried to check on the other 4 cameras, and that's when I noticed all of the cameras were set to 50%! ...so...What the ..."F..ries" has just happen? Why all the cameras were set to 50% for the Motion sensors on all cameras, since I only adjusted only one of them? Also, in another occasion, like in November; I noticed that at some point, when the Arlo Pro base got the latest firmware update, once the base rebooted (itself), my app was showing for every single camera in their battery status icon; that they were all powered connected; while they all were on battery, (so weird!). To fix it, I just rebooted the Arlo base Pro. So, you see, things have been going on from time to time, either related to the firmware on the base, cameras or the apps themselves that could be related to their updates. Therefore, I hate the fact you "Arlo" push update without first letting us know. You just push the firmware updates. I rather see the notifications for such need for the devices, vs you just pushing the updates. In this way, at least we have the option to check first if someone has issues with the latest updates... and then, instead, wait until such issues get checked and fixed. Also, let me give you a suggestion... why not to put a button for saving the sensor settings right in the same window? Guys, think about User Friendly and more common sense about this simple thing... you will save a lot of $ by having apps with more common sense interaction... 'cause ""having to go back" to get to see the "save" action...really? it just not makes sense. (I was able to find out about it by trial and error; though). But still, that does not make sense... A fact. Please, may you open a ticket, because, this is not right. Again, let me remind you I have power cycle the base, and the cameras. Thank you very much for your follow-ups, and support, though.
jocbaz
Guide
Guide

Hi Guys,

(I'll do plain English here),

I was troubleshooting the issues with the motion sensor, and found out that via Arlo website, I can make the changes successfully, but...

What's interesting, though, it is that if I compare the settings what I see from the Arlo site vs the Android app (version 2.2.3_15049)(release 11/15/16) (for Android 6.0.1); it does not reflect the same settings for the Motion sensors that were shown on the Arlo website.

For some reason, when I successfully set the motion sensors to the cameras, to 90% from the website; then, when I Iaunch the app, and go to Devices\Settings\My Devices\"Select-The camera"\Motion detection Test\

the settings shows 50%... Even though, I have changed it from the Internet.

Now, when I go back to my account in the Arlo website, the settings on the motion sensor is set back to 50%... so, my conclusion here is that the app is having issues, since from the app you cannot "Save" the changes, and because of that, if forces the frozen settings set on the app; therefore, in your Arlo web account, the settings will be changed because, of the app is resending whatever it has stuck with for that particular area.

I guest, until I this gets fixed, I will just make sure to make the Motions sensors adjustments from the Arlo website instead of using the app.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, that not only this area is affected in terms with issues with the app, but also, the battery status, does not reflects the same values of how much charge is left compared to what the Arlo website shows... the website shows way less % left for the battery's remaining charge.

*I think you guys need to test the App and its sync with the Arlo sites...

Please, note, I'm using Android version 6.0.1.

Any thoughts?

Thank you 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The whole issue is that you're using the wrong setting.  The motion detection sensitivity setting is only for the test and has nothing to do with normal operation.

Go to the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes.  Note that the Armed mode is the default and really shouldn't be modified.  Create your own mode after checking out Armed so you understand what's set and how.  Once you create your own mode, you set up a rule for one camera as you desire.  Save and reedit the same mode to add camera rules.  As you do this, you can set and save sensitivity settings as well as every other parameter allowed.  Note that any camera without a rule will be disarmed.  Once you're satisfied, select this mode to be active.  Consider creating other modes and using the schedule, if appropriate.

jocbaz
Guide
Guide
Thank you for your reply,

Yes, i just figured out that last knight; that to change the motion sensor settings for a camera, you need to do it by editing the "Rules" in the "mode section"... this is not as intuitive for End Users. I still suggest to modify the app for a more User Friendly experience.

Thank you