Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
bobbydigital
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I was trying to monitor my cams today and of my 5 cams, one os showing offline.  All other cameras are working perfectly.

Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those involved in this discussion, you may be experiencing a camera offline issue due to the most recent camera firmware release.

For troubleshooting information on this topic, please take a look at this article: My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

If you are still experiencing this issue, please let us know or feel free to private message me, I would be happy to help.

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi bobbydigital

Welcome to the community!

Kindly try to resync the camera that shows offline.  Check this link below and follow the steps on how to resync your camera to the base station:

Resync your camera to the Arlo base station  

Kindly check also the distance of the camera that shows offline if its within the range of the base station.  Check this link below as reference:  

How far from the base station can I place my Arlo camera

Furthermore, you may isolate the problem by swapping another camera to the location where the camera that shows offline is deployed and check if same problem occurs.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

baktun
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Dane,

I am currently experiencing the same problem as this customer. Performed all the troubleshooting as you've mentioned. Two cameras are placed at the same location zoomed in at different directions. One is getting good signal, the other is not. What can i do?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

baktun,

Is the camera showing offline in the UI? Consider installing a fresh set of batteries in the affected camera. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

baktun
Tutor
Tutor
JamesC,

Yes, swapped out the batteries for fresh ones and it's still exhibiting the same issue.

Baktun
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base. Remove the camera from Settings and resync. Have you tried swapping the cameras between positions?  Does the issue follow the camera or the position? Put the camera in a totally different location and see if it follows the camera. Also, what does the LED on the front of the camera do in the various stages of troubleshooting?

baktun
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, yes and yes. Tried all three of those options. The camera in question is sitting right next another camera which is working. After swapping out the batteries for a fresh set it would work for a few minutes but eventually right back to device offline with the green screen. When trying to sync the camera again a few feet or right next to the base station, it would sometimes flash red sometimes blue. All three of my other cameras are working just fine and the internet strenght has been decent at most.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've tried the camera near the base with poor success, I'd suggest a trouble ticket for help and possible RMA. I was wondering if the close proximity of two cameras could be causing issues but your moving it to be close to the base eliminates that.

baktun
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you jguerdat. Now who would i be putting in a trouble ticket with?
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

baktun wrote:
Thank you jguerdat. Now who would i be putting in a trouble ticket with?

You have four options of getting in touch with Arlo support:

1. Web form,
  2. Online chat,
  3. Telephone,
  4. Trouble Ticket.

#1 thru #3 are accessible through http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx, which you can also get to by clicking on Support on every forum page, and then Contact Support.

#4 is available at https://my.netgear.com. Register or log in to directly submit a trouble ticket.

Juju52
Aspirant
Aspirant
My device is offline..I'm new to these things..help
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Juju52,

What device is indicating as offline? Are you getting an Amber internet LED on the base station? Are you seeing any error messages?

You can try power cycling the base station (using the on-off) button on the back. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED.

Please give us more details about the issue so we can help.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those involved in this discussion, you may be experiencing a camera offline issue due to the most recent camera firmware release.

For troubleshooting information on this topic, please take a look at this article: My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

If you are still experiencing this issue, please let us know or feel free to private message me, I would be happy to help.

JamesC