Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
datcheson
Follower
Follower

After one of week of being installed, suddenly one of my new cameras keeps going offline (VMS3130),  Full battery, full signal to base station.  Yesterday, I took out the battery, re-inserted, and the unit worked fine.  Today...it went offline again.  Restarting the base until via the app did not solve the problem.  So, WHY does this one camera keep going off line???? 

22 REPLIES 22
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Could be a firmware issue. Make sure it's up to date by comparing what's installed with what's in the Release Notes forum here.

You can also try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.
Jsurface
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem.. Every couple of days 1 camera goes out. I have five cameras and the same one keeps going out..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Swap cameras around to see if it follows the camera or the location.
MRLeonce
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have only had my system for two days now.  During the setup it said that the camera needed to be updated and I did just that.  The cameras worked for about two hours and then all of them went offline.  After doing the reset and doing all of the steps over again one camera at a time two of them have stayed on but two of them remain offline.  I need some help !!! I got the system to give my family some more protection and to also help protect my family.  Anyone have any suggestions?  If I can't get the camera to all work then I will have no choice but to send them back for a full refund.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Marcus Leonce

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What do you mean by reset? A real reset is performed by using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. If you did that, you also need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.
DeboraT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine does to, it's happened ever since we purchased them a month ago, it's only one camera and it's the one in the house.  So frustrating.

Adie
Aspirant
Aspirant

The usual story of reset cameras or move them around to see if the fault follows is the usual tech garbage report they offer.

I had done all this and more with still the same fault. I had even changes the base station but still had 3 out of 11 going offline. After numerous chats and calls they finally sent 3 cameras out for replacement. Just received them now so about to replace and see what happens.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Failure to open a case with support means hardware issues can't be resolved.  We see lots of issues reported here that would have been better reported directly to support.  This forum can only offer possible solutions but hardware replacement ain't one.

Adie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guess you didn't read my comments where I said many chats and phone calls before finally sending replacements

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You and I aren't the only ones that read this thread. My comment was in general to all.

daves4eyes
Initiate
Initiate
I had the exact same problem. When I took the battery out I noticed one of the contacts in the camera was not inline with the other 3 contacts. I took a small screwdriver and gently bent it so all 4 contacts were equal. I put the battery back in and it is working fine.
MICSMN
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, I have of course the same issue.  1 camera no matter if I swap locations or not... it goes offline after about 6 to 8 hours.  The only correction to get to reconnect is pulling the battery and re-install.  Goes back online - and then 8 hours later... Gone again.  

The 1 camera works perfect and no issues.   Love the system... but a 50% failure rate will cause me to return the entire system and look at NEST or something different.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The quick thing to do is to swap at the store. Otherwise a hardware issue can only be addressed by opening a case with support here (don't Google it).

Boucher187
Star
Star

I am having the same exact problem.  I have had my system for over a year now and this just started happening about 2 months ago.  I decided that I would live with it and it would go away.  My symptoms are:

1.  Camera fully charged and working for about 6-8 hours

2.  After that it goes offline

3.  Have to bring in and then take out batteries and put back in

4.  This is the loop that I keep dealing with.

Please Note:  It is the closest camera I have in my 4-Camera system.  I have also done all resets and resynching with the camera and this does not help the issues.

I am about to go to Customer Service and have it looked at.  This is extremely frustrating.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around temporarily to see if the problem stays with the camera or location.

The system had a 1 year warranty so, while support may be able to help, a replacement isn't possible.

Boucher187
Star
Star

So I took out the batteries and swapped for another set of batteries (in the camera that kept dropping offline) ...

I also moved the camera that kept dropping offline to another location that is closer to the base station.

I will keep you posted if / when the camera goes offline again.

Neal-1985
Aspirant
Aspirant
4 camera system, one camera constantly goes off line. I have synced, removed reinstall, change batteries, change location. Seems this floats from camera to camera.

But, what I love most when I am home no issue as soon as I am mikes from home wham!

Had I known this prior to my purchase I never would had bought this garbage...
Neal-1985
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wow I got a reply badge, if only it fixed this junk..
kdcab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue - 4 cameras total. Last night, I moved the camera (#3) that kept going offline to another camera location and placed the camera (#1) with no issues to the other location. Just checked my cameras and NOW two cameras are down (#2 and #4). Frustrating. 

Firmware is up to date.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There recent firmware updates - make sure all firmware is up to date. I've had to restart the base/cameras after an update on a few occasions to get things settled down.

Adie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cancelled the subscription, updates didn't work. Was not really getting support.

Will not use these again, worst product ever touched.

Jenza57
Tutor
Tutor

Exactly the same for me. I have 4 cameras at my holiday house and it is one that does the same thing as yours. I have swapped cameras (even brought one from home to try) , removed batteries, moved the signal closer so it has the best signal of all the cameras. Latest firmware. .....all works fine when I'm there but as soon as I leave and access it from home it works once then goes offline. The system is more than 2 hours away.  All the others are working fine.Extremely frustrating!