Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 of 2 cameras won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Threlk
Follower
Follower

1 of my 2 wire free cameras dropped out and will not reconnect or sync.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Threlk,

This could be due to depleted batteries. Open and close the battery compartment door and pay close attention to the LED behavior: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo Wire-Free camera mean?

If the camera indicates the batteries are depleted, try again with a fresh set.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Threlk,

This could be due to depleted batteries. Open and close the battery compartment door and pay close attention to the LED behavior: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo Wire-Free camera mean?

If the camera indicates the batteries are depleted, try again with a fresh set.

JamesC

Bledig
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem, except the battery is working fine. The light blinks blue when I install the battery. The light on the camera does not show any colour when I try to sync. The light on the base blinks while trying to sync.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bledig,

Consider removing the affected camera.

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the affected camera > Remove device.

Reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door and then try the sync process again.

JamesC

Jth
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did all that and it still won't sync.  2 of my 7 cameras say they are disconnected.  I have tried, new batteries, syncing twice.  Removing and resyncing.  Nothing works.  These cameras worked for a year until a couple o days ago.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jth,

What is the LED behavior when attempting to sync the 2 affected cameras?

1. Remove the affected camera from Settings > My Devices

2. Replace affected camera with fresh batteries

3. Attempt to resync camera to base station

If you are still unable to sync the affected cameras, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC