Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

video doorbell installation

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
cwke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had a good experience with my Arlo camera, so I decided to add the video doorbell.  the installation was smooth up until the time it came to connect it.  I have a base station.  I used the app to try connecting through that.  it couldn't find the doorbell.  i reset the base station, no luck.  I tried connection without the base station by scanning the QR code.  it read the code, but no connection.  Even more frustrating was I tried the chat feature on the app.  I waited from position 15 until I got to 4, then it disconnected me. I tired on the computer.  from position 12 to connected.  it disconnected from chat while I was typing my first message.  I called tech support.  there's an endless loop  ie.  press 1 for tech support > COVID message >  press 1 for tech support endlessly.  press 0 and it hangs up on you.  

I'm going to try again tomorrow.  If I get the same lack of response, I'm boxing this up and returning and ring brand doorbell.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may just be a bad doorbell. Swapping at the store would hopefully help. Also, be sure your doorbell transformer is up to the specs needed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cwke,

What is the LED behavior on your doorbell when going through setup?

JamesC

QinSpring
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the exact same problem. I was going to try the helpline tonight, now that seems futile. Please let me know what your outcome is

cwke
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just dropped my Arlo video doorbell off at the UPS store. My new ring doorbell comes in Friday
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation