Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mikebrockman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset factory setting on my doorbell camera and i cant add it to my account. When i try to click on door bells it not high lighted to add

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the phone and reinstall the app. If still no good, try using the web client - my.arlo.com.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

If still no good, try using the web client - my.arlo.com.

FWIW, that part isn't possible.  Video Doorbells can only be onboarded from the app.  It'd be very nice if Arlo fixed that (though you'd probably need to print the QR code to get that part to work).

Mikebrockman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went through setup and everything was fine but when it trys find device it will not find my camera. I tryed to go on line and set it up that way but the camera are grayed out to choose from. Lost. I still have two month of subsciption left from the date a bought it. When I first got the doorbell the setup up went fine. But for some reason I had to factory reset it and start over. Now nothing. Why cant I pick doorbell from web sight

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mikebrockman wrote:

Why cant I pick doorbell from web sight

Not sure if you mean the forum or my.arlo.com.  In case you mean my.arlo.com, Arlo requires that you use the app for onboarding.

@Mikebrockman wrote:

I went through setup and everything was fine but when it trys find device it will not find my camera. 

Did you get past the QR code chime?

If so, are you seeing the doorbell in your router's attached device list?

If you have a single network name:  If you can turn off 5 ghz wifi in your router, try doing that during onboarding.

If you have separate network names for 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz, then make sure the phone is connected to the 2.4 ghz network.

Mikebrockman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset my doorbell 10n times now. It goes good till the app trys to find device on my phone. I dont understand why it work the first time I set it up the day I bought it. I went back to my old router were it work before. Nothing

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mikebrockman,

What LED behavior are you seeing on the doorbell when you attempt to setup. At what point are you experiencing an issue?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you reset the doorbell, did you also remove it from your account? You need to do that to onboard it again.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation