Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

multiple doorbells on single wifi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
chubafelix
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi There, I understand that my installation is not typical but if someone has a good understanding of my setup, I would very much like to hear your opinion on this working on not.

I have a 4 apartment building and the front doors are far from where you would typically have wifi router. Thus, I wired a router very close to where the front doors are and I am attempting to connect all 4 Arlo video doorbells (wired) to the same router. So far, I have one working and the other 3 fail during installation. I am using the same Arlo app on my phone as I used for the first doorbell (working). Should I be able to install and connect 4 doorbells on one Wifi?

Secondly, can I setup the 4 doorbells under 4 separate email accounts (for privacy) but still use the same WiFi router? Another words, for each doorbell, I would login with account 1 and set it up to the one and only Wifi, then do the same with account 2, etc? Can these 4 doorbells work on 4 separate email accounts but through the same Wfi router?

Thank you
Felix

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@chubafelix wrote:

I have a 4 apartment building and the front doors are far from where you would typically have wifi router. Thus, I wired a router very close to where the front doors are and I am attempting to connect all 4 Arlo video doorbells (wired) to the same router. So far, I have one working and the other 3 fail during installation. I am using the same Arlo app on my phone as I used for the first doorbell (working). Should I be able to install and connect 4 doorbells on one Wifi?

Have you tried resetting those failing doorbells?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062934/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Video-Doorbell-Arlo-Secure-4-0

Secondly, can I setup the 4 doorbells under 4 separate email accounts (for privacy) but still use the same WiFi router? Another words, for each doorbell, I would login with account 1 and set it up to the one and only Wifi, then do the same with account 2, etc? Can these 4 doorbells work on 4 separate email accounts but through the same Wfi router?

That would work fine. The router would not be a problem. 

chubafelix
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your responce. 

I will try the reset button when I am back at that location.

One other question as it relates to my multi doorbell setup. 

If I setup this doorbell on my email address and the associated Arlo account, what is the easiest way to hand this over to another individual (my renter)? Do I need to go through the entire installation from scratch and have this person establish a new Arlo account in the process? Or is there a way for me to just change to another account within Arlo App?

Thank you, F

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chubafelix wrote:

Or is there a way for me to just change to another account within Arlo App?

You could create an account using a "sacrificial" email address.   Then change the email/login to the desired user later.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation