Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo wired doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
alfjos1988
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have purchased an arlo wired door bell but my home chime transformer has an output of 13v i need a circuit diagram of how to connect the power kit to a transformer as this was not provided. 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@alfjos1988 wrote:

i have purchased an arlo wired door bell but my home chime transformer has an output of 13v 

The AVD1001 datasheet says

Requirements
• High-speed Internet connection with 2.4GHz Wifi
• Wired doorbell and chime with existing electrical wiring
• Voltage between 16V AC and 24V AC, and a 10VA transformer

so your current transformer isn't providing a voltage that is within the spec.  Are you measuring this transformer, or are you looking at the label on it?

@alfjos1988 wrote:

i need a circuit diagram of how to connect the power kit to a transformer as this was not provided. 

The power kit is connected at the chime, not the transformer.  Do you have a chime?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Here is some detailed instructions on how to install the wired doorbell, there is pictures provided on there as well.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062292/How-do-I-install-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Wired

alfjos1988
Aspirant
Aspirant

i measured the voltage of my  transformer and it is 13v so it does not supply enough voltage.

The doorbell is made for American chimes but there are no instructions how to wire a 24v transformer and also that is too much for the chime.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wireless doorbell may be a better fit for you since the voltage specs are much wider at the low end of the required voltage.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

The wireless doorbell may be a better fit for you since the voltage specs are much wider at the low end of the required voltage.

The wireless ones can charge their battery with transformers between 8 vac and 24 vac.  They have the features of the AVD1001 (including support for traditional chimes) - though the motion detection range is a bit less.  They are a bit bulkier.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation