Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo doorbell stopped working Model AVD1001

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
tonythompson06
Follower
Follower

We've had our doorbell for about 3 years and have not had any issues.  for some reason within the past few days, it just stopped working.  Its not getting power.  I have checked the circuit breaker and that is fine.  It is wired so its not the batteries.  Any ideas would be helpful. 

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Sounds like the transformer has failed, do you see any Ac voltage on the doorbell wires?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

Sounds like the transformer has failed, do you see any Ac voltage on the doorbell wires?

@tonythompson06:  If you have a traditional chime, then another thing you try is to take down the doorbell and then touch the two wires together.  If the chime sounds, then there is power going through the low-voltage circuit.

LMREA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Tony,

Same here.  We have multiple cameras and a wired doorbell.  A couple of weeks ago the doorbell suddenly went offline.  I have been working with Arlo to try to get it back online but nothing has worked.   My suspicion is that there was a firmware update on Jan 17th and that has caused this problem.  I have checked the voltage and it is fine.  my upload speeds are good too.  I hope we find a fix soon!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Checking https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Firmware-Release-Table/m-p/1920885#M791 you'll see that the last firmware update for a wired doorbell was Nov. 29, 2023.

Stay on your ticket to get them to respond - don't let it time out.

LMREA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see an update that happened on Jan 17, 2024 -  4.11.2 (7240). Could this be the cause?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app updated Jan. 24, 2024 (you appear to have the iOS version), not the firmware. The app updates are listed at the bottom of the link I provided above. Nothing updated on or about Jan. 17 unless you were installing new hardware on that date or caused a missing update to occur for a device.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation