Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo video door bell tamper notification, stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Everaf
Follower
Follower

So I got a tamper notification on the arlo video door bell about 3 hours after installation by an electrician. It also gave me a low battery warning. So i decided to move the wires to 24v on the transformer assuming it wasn't getting enough juice. I killed the transformer. So i called the electrician back and had him replace the transformer again and he check the voltage and it was more than adequate. It worked perfectly for 3 days and yesterday i got a tamper notification back to back within 3 minutes. Door bell stop working fully afterwards. So i need some real suggestions because this is costing me more than its worth it feels. Should i replace the old chime (maybe thats causing a surge of some sort)? Do i need to replace the old wiring? Is there a cheap way to get this to work with a wireless chime? 

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Everaf,

If you've verified through the electrician that the transformer voltage meets the minimum requirements, this could indicate an issue with the doorbell. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation